Ten

Ten

“Are things going smoothly?”

Malakaih rolled his eyes and clenched the phone harder, hating the scolding tone his mother had.

“Yes, Mom. Everything is going smoothly.”

“Good,” she said. “So you’ll be coming home soon?”

“I’m not sure, but I know that things will be a little tense for a while.”

“Well why aren’t you coming home soon? You have convinced your mate, right? And why will things be tense?”

Any more pressure and the phone might be crushed, but Malakaih held in his mounting annoyance, and breathed deeply through the nose.

“Evelyn has set terms for us, she doesn’t want to rush into a relationship.”

“Bologna! You know when your father found me he pursued me until we were married and I was pregnant-”

“Yeah well dad’s not here,” Malakaih interrupted, snapping. “I’m handling it my way, and my way is pleasing Evelyn.”

He heard his mother sigh through the phone, a sign that at this moment, he was wasting her time. “Well just come home soon please, Peter’s been busting his ass covering for you.”

“I am your Alpha.”

“Yes, you are my Alpha, but I am your mother, and ever since the day you were born, what I say goes. So please take in mind that we’re all suffering without our Alpha here. I love you Malakaih.”

He muttered. “You too.” And they hung up.

“That sounded like a stressful phone call.”

Evelyn stood next to the table, her hands on the back of the chair next to him. As usual, Malakaih was intoxicated by the warmth of her scent once again. Once he fell back into reality, he looked at her clothing. She wore a blue and white striped sleeveless dress that fell to just above the knees. She looked beautiful, amazingly Luna material.

Our Luna, his wolf mused.

Yes, our Luna.

“Yeah, but it’s fine, I’m fine,” Malakaih answered when he zoned in again. “Where’s Cecilia and Pierce.”

Evelyn pointed at the entrance of the restaurant, where her parents stand looking like they were in a heated discussion. They spoke until Cecilia pulled her husband into a hard kiss, and began walking towards Malakaih and Evy.

“Good to see you again Malakaih, it’s been a while,” Cecilia said once she reached the table. Malakaih had known cecilia since before he was able to remember anything, and the Luna looked the same as she did twenty three years ago. Though her eyes have grown more wise and her hair has gained just a few strands of light charcoal, she was the same. And if you looked between Evelyn and her mother, you’d see the large similarities with the small bridge of their noses, the defined high cheekbones, and the delicate but firm slant of their shoulders.

“Yes, it has been long Cecilia. Three years, I believe.”

The woman smiled. “Around that.”

Just that moment Pierce walked up and put an arm around Cecilia’s waist. They shared a look and he winked at his mate.

“Malakaih,” he said curtly.

“Hello Pierce.”

“Um, shall we sit?” Evy suggested. They all complied, sitting down. Pierce sat across from Malakaih as Evy sat on his left and Cecilia sat on his right.