Eight

Eight

For the first night in a week, Issy was sleeping in her own room. Evy had convinced her that her bed was more comfy, and that for only one night of the week, which was that one, a monster would be waiting under her bed to scare her. Issy scuttled out of Evy’s room and went to bed with the covers over her head.

Evy let out a sigh of relief. Ever since her encounter with Malakaih yesterday at the diner, she hadn’t been able to have alone time, she was overdue for some of that.

Her tactics for telling her father were futile. Every different type of way to tell him in her mind always ended up in disaster.

Closing her bedroom door and then standing in front of the foot of her bed, Evelyn fell forward and stuffed her face into the comforter. She could scream into the bed, but because of everybodies sensitive and heightened hearing-even the little ones-she couldn’t or else she’d be chastised and yelled at from all over.

The time was nearing eleven when Evy finally lifted her head. It was a noise that alerted her, coming from her window. Serenity growled in surprise, and Evelyn felt her eyes heighten as she sparred over control with her wolf.

From the brief switches between normal and wolf eyesight, Evy noticed two hands holding onto the window, a window that was now open. Next came a head, and a torso, two legs and feet.

Serenity backed down once she caught a glimpse of who it was.

Malakaih.

“What are you doing here?” Evy hissed once Malakaih was fully in the room. She shut the window and closed the blinds, looking for anyone who saw him enter her room.

The man looked around her room, taking in what it looked like. He shrugged. “I wanted to see you,” Malakaih responded.

“And? You’re not supposed to be her, let alone in my room!”

“Relax Evy, no one saw me.”

“But they can smell you.”

Malakaih’s grin showed that he had done something either clever, or foolish.

“I washed a set of clothes at a nearby laundromat and showered in a gym bathroom, they can't smell me.”

Evy scrunched her nose up, “a public bathroom?”

Malakaih chuckled quietly, “yeah, it wasn’t that sanitary, but it got the job done.”

Evy was momentarily disabled by looking at him, but then remembered that she was mad.

“You need to leave,” She pointed towards the window. “Either the way you came, or by the hands of my Father’s guards.”

“I’m not leavin’ princess.”

“Don’t call me princess. I’m not spoiled.”

He shrugged. “You kind of are. Your father’s the Alpha, you live in a mansion, you have your own car, you don’t have to pay for college. Other people have to fight for those things.”

“Are- are you jealous.” She noticed an underlying tone in his voice.

Malakaih shook his head, and shrugged again. “No, but you should be fortunate,” he said.

Evy shook her head. “You still need to leave, like, a minute ago.”

“No can do. I want to spend some time with you.”

“There will be no spending time if someone walks in here!”

They both eyed the door until Malakaih walked up to it and locked it. “See, now no one can get in.”