Nine

Nine

Evelyn held her head in her hands, shaking it regrettingly.

How could I let him do that? Why did I?

Because you can’t control your feelings, Serenity answered for her.

I need to until I tell dad.

Nobody can control their feelings, they can only push them aside and get hurt in the process.

Evy shook her head again, sneaking a glance at Malakaih. He lay on her king sized bed sprawled out sleeping. He looked every part barbarian as he had last night when he was loving on her.

Loving on me? That was lust. Full on lust.

It may be lust, said Serenity. But you know it’s not just that.

She couldn’t handle her wolf, and attempted to tune her out. Serenity kept on wisdom talking, and Evy ended up just plain out ignoring her.

It wasn’t really clear what all happened the night before. All Evy knows is that she didn’t refuse Malakaih, and instead urged him on.

She couldn’t deny, and agreed with Serenity, he had a wicked tongue. How he learned to use it like that, Evy didn’t want to know.

Her breath was held when Malakaih shifted on the bed. He threw his arm over his eyes and groaned softly in his sleep. Evy let go of her pent up air.

Look at those biceps Evelyn, Serenity mused. He will take care of us well, no doubt about that.

Evy rolled her eyes, and looked down at her clothing. Somehow, her shirt had been removed, and her hair had been turned into a gnarly mess. Luckily, her shorts stayed on.

Must’ve been one hell of a night that I can’t really remember.

“It was,” Malakaih said. Evy started at his voice. It was gravely, still used to the inactivity of sleep. Honestly, it was a damn turn on for her. “I certainly, won’t forget it.”

She must’ve said her thoughts out loud. “It’s all a blur to me,” she admitted. “I can’t really remember any particular detail.”

“That’s disappointing,” Malakaih pouted, but then smiled. “Would you like to try again?”

Evy stood from her perch on the edge of the bed and held out her hands. “Hold on cowboy, you are most definitely not going to go all barbarian on me again.”

Malakaih stood too, and before she could react, Evy was in his clutches. “But you can’t deny, you liked it.”

Breathing out metaphorical steam she spoke. “No, I can’t deny it,” she said. “But that doesn’t mean it can  happen again.”

“Oh I can assure you princess, it’ll happen again, and I’ll make sure of it that you remember everything.”

A shiver ran down her spine. The damn man knew how to set her off, and it unnerved her as well as heated her. Now, if she had the choice between staying and running, she wouldn’t be sure which one she would choose.

Heat radiated off the barbarian, warm and strong from just waking up. It lured Evy, along with the scent, to close her eyes and let her head fall forward.

Are you making this happen? She asked Serenity.

Partially, she replied haughtily, but the rest is you.

If they really had gone all the way, mated and marked each other forever, then Malakaih would’ve pulled his mate closer and started the process all over again just to ease the frown off her face.