Seven

Seven

First he was at her running spot, then at the theater, now here? This was Evy’s social spot where she took Issy for lunch on Saturdays and spent time with Vittoria and Justin.

Everywhere she went now, Malakaih was there. He was infiltrating her lifestyle, showing up where Evy felt most comfortable.

Malakaih sat at a booth near the window, one she realized was the booth she had eaten in the night she went to the movies with her brother, Vittoria, and Justin.

Evy didn’t want to create a scene or bring suspicion to her actions, so instead of calling Malakaih out, she headed towards the opposite side of the diner and slouched down in the booth.

Tanner, a middle-aged pack member, and Evy’s waiter, took her order since she knew what she was going to eat right away. She started working on her laptop for her portfolio when Tanner came back with her hot chocolate.

Hot chocolate was her baby.

Her eyes kept on sneaking glances at the foreign Alpha male across the diner, watching him talk on his phone while tapping his index finger on the rim of his glass. He seemed along the lines of frustrated or annoyed, and Evelyn had the unmistakable urge to go to him and ease the frown that marred his attractive looking face.

Evy’s food arrived a few minutes later. She tucked in as she continued working on her portfolio. But alas, her eyes couldn’t resist the pull Malakaih had on her.

She huffed, and stuffed a pickle slice in her mouth, chewing furiously while staring accusingly at her drink.

Poor hot chocolate.

The next fifteen minutes were spent with Evy huffing every time her eyes strayed, while mauling the rest of her food. It had her pent up for a nice long run to relieve her of all her frustration.

Evy spared another glance at the magnetic man, and found out he caught her gaze.

Malakaih could’ve smirked when he noticed his little feisty mate walk into the diner. He could feel her heartbeat and sense her anger of him being there. He was all the more glad that he went to Sullivan’s.

The cherry on top was when he found her staring at him. Fortunately, that was when he ended his call with his Beta/stepfather, Peter. He didn’t like being away from his pack, but now that he’s found his mate, he wasn’t going back without her.

He stood, deciding that he should give his mate a little visit.

Evy’s eyes widened as Malakaih grew closer. He slid into the seat across from her in the booth.

“I thought you’d like looking at me more if I was closer.”

She scoffed, rolling her eyes while pushing her food away. Malakaih happily pulled the plate towards him and finished the chicken that was left.

“I was not looking at you,” Evy said lamely.

“Uh huh,” he said through his mouth of food.

“You know,” she started, “you have an ego bigger than a whales.”

Malakaih chuckled, “A whale?”

“Yes, a whale. They’re fat and slow and think that because they’re fat and slow that they can do whatever they want.”

He shook his head, “I don’t think that’s why they’re like that.”

“Well I do,” his feisty mate said as a matter of fact.