FLUFF/ANGST | A Million Dreams

"How did you get out?" Steve asks Bucky, who had just sat down next to him.

"Through the window." He replies, giving an exasperated sigh. "They're sending me away to military camp, Steve. I don't have a choice. It's like my future is stripped away from me, I don't know what it'll be anymore."

With tears matching Bucky's eyes, Steve says quietly, "I do."

I close my eyes and I can see

The world that's waiting up for me

That I call my own

Steve tells him his dream of becoming a soldier and serving in the military. Just like his dad. Smile wide with a toothy grin.

Through the dark, through the door

Through where no one's been before

But it feels like home

Steve takes Bucky's hands in his and looks directly in his eyes. The sunset bouncing off of them and giving them a beautiful glow. They both lean in.

They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy

They can say, they can say I've lost my mind

I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy

We can live in a world that we design

Their lips inches apart finally connected and they share a small, sweet, yet passionate kiss. Steve had always secretly liked Bucky and now, him kissing back, confirmed that he too, liked the blond.

'Cause every night I lie in bed

The brightest colors fill my head

A million dreams are keeping me awake

He then talks about being in the military with Bucky. Side by side. Together. They'd be the inseparable team. Winning the wars, bringing everyone back safely and completely. Having each other's backs until they were sure no more of the opposing team would arrive. "I'm with you till the end of the line." Steve says.

I think of what the world could be

A vision of the one I see

A million dreams is all it's gonna take

A million dreams for the world we're gonna make

Steve comes out of the experimentation room, sweat drowning his newly heightened features as he runs to chase that thief. 'I can rescue Bucky.' Was his first thought.

There's a house we can build

Every room inside is filled

With things from far away

Steve and Bucky had been going together from mission to mission. Taking out Hydra agent after Hydra agent. Their last one, being on that goddamn train.