ANGST | NEXT STEP

Part 2 of the previous chapter 

This will put things to perspective. If Chris was the sad one there, you'll see the whole ordeal in Sebastian's eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Step One,
We were just two friends having fun

Sebastian recalls the first day he ever walked on set. He was about to film a scene with a 'Chris Evans,' and though not knowing anything about the guy aside from other movies, he was excited.

Their first day went by with a blast and the two kicked it off pretty well. They had chemistry both on and off screens which gave the casting crew AND the whole crew of the movie to sigh in relief.

They had cast the perfect people  to play Steven Grant Rogers and James Buchanan Barnes.

Step Two,
Couldn't take my mind off of you

He recalls seeing his co-star, Chris, for the first time. He remembers their first conversation, their first scene, their first lunch together. 

And it was driving him insane.

It was like his head was a magnet and all it could do was keep Chris glued to it. He couldn't remove the thought of Chris no matter what he did. 

He didn't know what was going on so he decided not to think much of it as he tries to get some shuteye.

Only, he couldn't.

His mind went to Chris.

Was he sleeping well? Is he even asleep? What are his hobbies? What's his family like?

His mind just wouldn't stop thinking about that brown-haired, blue-eyed co-star of his.

Step Three,
Was when you put your arms around me

It was the last few scenes they needed to film together. 

The Helicarrier Scene.

The showdown between the Winter Soldier and Captain America.

Everything had gone smoothly and along the expectations and no rough patches were left; they were even proud of that tackling scene where Steve had to wrap his entire body around the assassin in order to get the final chip.

Everything went according to plan in the crew's head.

Not in Sebastian's nor Chris's.

Step Four,
We weren't just friends anymore

The day after that, Sebastian had grown feelings for the other man, seeing him as someone more than a friend and a co-star.

Scenes between the two of them would emit more homosexual emotions than what the directors had intended but unbeknownst to both actors, they both felt the same way.

When you look my way
Nothing left to say
Just the way that I feel
That's all I can do

During press conferences for the second Cap movie, Sebastian and Chris seemed to distance themselves from each other; and if ever they were to catch each others' eyes, they'd simply smile and glance away, blushing like tomatoes.

Not to touch your lips

Sebastian arrives to the premiere and awkwardly meets up with Chris, cupping the man's cheeks, fingers ghosting the older man's lips

Not to kiss your face

Seb leans in to leave a kiss on Chris's cheek, a little gesture of greeting each other despite having seen each other just two days ago for an interview.