Star Hopping [5]Kataigída

Clouds P.O.V. ??? How?

I felt my paws lose contact with my father and Storm. I felt like I was falling, my heart felt like it was pushing against my chest. I heard my father let out more caterwauls of sadness and helplessness, as I fell. More yowls of terror sounded from Stripes and Storm, as I suddenly felt the air, the atmosphere, the scent change. I crashed into an abundance of things as I was falling, probably trees. 

Falling slower, I hit the ground. Shock coursed through my body as I passed out.

--Dream--

Legs trembling, the silhouette of a figure lifted itself from the ground. It looked around, examining its surroundings. A bright sunrise lit the horizon, with a beautiful ocean showing off into the distance. The figure standing atop the hill. 

Silently, another figure approached, holding a shiny cyan crystal connected to a thin leather strap. Or more commonly known as a necklace. Meekly, the first silhouette turned to the other, gently taking the shining cyan necklace, and slipped it around its neck. It shown brightly, then vanished into thin air.

The second figure seemed to exchange a few quiet words with the first figure, then dipped it's head and flew away. Leaving the first figure to continue to watch the sunrise.

--Dream End--

Storms P.O.V.

My heart felt like it was being ripped from my chest as I fell into a universe, with Stripes only a few inches behind. Yowls of despair sounded from behind, from dad, and Jagged. It sounded less and less the farther I dropped. But mine and Stripes yowls persisted. Trees fluttered forth into my face, branches slamming into me. My claws outstretched, I manage to grasp a branch. My small claws digging into the hard bark. I managed to strain my neck around just to see Stripes fall past me, and crash right onto Cloud, and pass out.

"Oof." I saw as I see the impact of Stripes crashing onto Cloud, but also make me a laugh a bit. I climb down the tree and watch my siblings intently. "Well... they could've tried to stay awake as they hit the ground," I said sarcastically, raising my paw, hitting it against Stripes face. 

"H-huh? Who's there!" Stripes immediately hops up to his defense, despite how young, and small we are. "It's just me, stupid furball," I grunt, almost immediately unamused.

"Oh. Sorry Storm." Stripes apologized.

Sighing, I muse. "One blind pup, one naive pup, and one serious pup. What could go wrong." I turn around and slumped to the ground, laying against the ground.

"Nothing. As long as we play the cards right." 

I pricked my ears, and stare in surprise at Stripes. He's never said something like that before! My mind whirling. I decided to give him another go, to see if this was just a one-time thing.

"Mhm. We're just pups within a big world, with many predators roaming waiting to find three little pups to take home for a meal." I said bitterly, awaiting a response.

Stripes P.O.V.

"One blind pup, one naive pup, and one serious pup. What could go wrong." Storm mused, back turned to me. Laying in the grass, but grumpy as normal. Naive? Is he talking about me? Hmpth. I'll prove my brother wrong!

"Nothing. As long as we play the cards right." I started puffing out my chest in defiance. I saw my Storms ears pricked up surprised. That's right! I can be wise!

"Mhm." He hummed unconvinced, letting his ears fall back down. "We're just pups within a big world, with many predators roaming waiting to find three little pups to take home for a meal." He growled bitterly.

"W-well.." I hesitated, thinking for a moment. "Tough situations build strong people! AND, challenges are what make life interesting. But overcoming them is what makes life Meaningful." I said confidently. 

Storm picked himself up from the ground, giving me a toothy smile. He walked to me then sat beside me, I quickly followed his action and sat down.

"Maybe, we just could make it through. A blind, cheerful pup. A naive, smart pup. And a serious, grumpy pup." Storm corrected himself.

"A serious, physically and mentally strong pup," I said correcting him again.

Storm dropped his head and let a sigh of defeat, causing me to snicker. Soon enough, he picked his head up again, smiling. "Well... You're not wrong there."

"Ok, I'm bored. What do we do now?" I asked Storm. Storms face quickly turned intense. 

"SHAKE THAT FOOL AWAKE!" I yelled, but playfulness hinted in his voice. Directing his tail towards Cloud. But as I crept forward to pounce on Cloud, Storm sprinted past, barreling into Cloud. 

"Ack!" Cloud shot awake, wincing at the pain as he stood up. Reminding me of my pain, I flinched back. "Your gonna pay!" Cloud promised Storm, shaking off his fur. "Anyways, how did you wake up so early?" I said, asking Storm.

"Easy." Storm said, seeming proud. "I never passed out."

"Whaaaaaaat?" I said, eyes wide. "Yeah, I managed to grip one of the tree branches. And just in time to see you crash into Cloud." Storm snickered at the last part, and I grunted.

"That's pretty impressive." Cloud put in, trying to enter the conversation. 

"I know." Storm said proudly. Cloud narrowed his eyes, despite not being able to see. He seemed frustrated. "Something wrong Cloud?" I tilted my head into a diagonal position. 

"No, not at all." Cloud dismissed my question and put his happy go-to smile. "I'm hungry, can we learn to hunt?" Cloud changed the topic. "Suuuurrree." Storm said with a side-eye, then gazed at me and I shrugged. 

"Ah, but one problem." Storm said, pausing. "We don't know how to hunt." Storm pointed out, saying matter-of-factly.

"I guess we could do trial and error. Storm, me and you can try for small prey." I mewed to them.

"I'm fine with that." Storm said, shrugging. Then continued, "Cloud. You should stay here until we catch something." Cloud seemed reluctant but agreed. Storm beckoned me to follow, as he was walking away into the forest. I bounded after him, giving one glance to Cloud. But he wasn't looking, instead, he was grooming himself.

I sighed and continued to follow Storm.