10

*The next day*

"Hey sleepyhead wake up wake up wake up" I hear as someone pokes my cheek lightly a couple of times.

I slowly open my eyes to see Dylan two inches from my face causing me to jump "Ow jesus you scared me"

"Ahh sorry I didn't mean to make you jump are you okay? Does your side or ribs hurt?"

"It's okay and not anymore than they have been since yesterday"

"They've been constantly hurting?" he asks with a frown.

"Yeah since like late afternoon/early evening yesterday. I think I might have just did too much going to see Madeline. The pain is not horrible I can definitely handle it" I try to assure him.

"I still need to take a look. With the level of pain meds you're on, you shouldn't be feeling any pain yet." he says while putting my chart down and going to put on gloves. "I need to see your side so can you move your gown over and the blanket down?"

"Yeah"

He walks to my side and starts moving my bandage before pausing and looking up to my eyes. "So is the pain why you were crying or something else?"

My eyes widen "I wasn't crying."

"Bullshit the red puffy eyes and dried tears say different. I need to know if it's because of your injuries"

"No it wasn't because of my injuries"

"So what is it?" he removes my bandage "Shit"

"What?!"

"You split your stitches. I'm going to have to redo them" he says while grabbing supplies and a chair. "Can you lay on your other side on the edge of the bed?"

I nod and move.

"So spill why were you crying?" as he starts on cleaning the wound.

"I don't want to talk about it. It's not that big of a deal."

"Come on I might not have known you long babe, but you're not the type of girl to cry about just anything."

There he goes with that babe thing again like after the accident, but not gonna lie I kinda like it. Nonetheless, I sigh and decide to just tell him since I don't see him letting it go. "CPS came to get Madeline yesterday because she was able to be discharged and I wasn't." 

"Shit" his eyes widen.

"Luckily, Alex convinced the CPS lady to let him take her, but it was Jo that called them in the first place

"Luckily, Alex convinced the CPS lady to let him take her, but it was Jo that called them in the first place. I'm just worried she'll call them again, and it's not like we can just be done with her when I'm discharged because she is going to marry Alex and I want him to be in our lives so I'm stuck with her"

"Wow I don't get why she would call without talking to you and Alex first"

"Me either" I frown.

"Well I wouldn't worry too much there's no way Alex is going to let that happen. He's very protective of you both."

"I don't know she is his fiancee"

"And you're his sisters!"

"Mhmm"

"You know what we should do?"

"What?" I furrow my eyes at him.

"Take your mind off of it because there's nothing you can do right now about the issue and everything is under control for now."

"And how am I supposed to take my mind off of it?"

"We're going out"

I snap my head up to see Dylan smirking at me.

"What?"

"We're going out...on a date...tonight" he said with emphasis still with a smirk. "Technically not out because you're not cleared to leave the hospital, but out of your room for dinner."

I laugh a little "Okay...I'd really like that."

"Perfect I'll come by at 7 after I get off? You like tacos right?"

"Yeah -" and I'm interrupted by Alex

"I wanna go, I like tacos"

I throw my head back and groan out "Alexander Karev shut up" 

"No I wanna go"

"Alex" 

"AJ"

"ALex!"

"AJ!"

I look back to Dylan who is smiling slightly and say "Ignore him"

"Don't ignore me"

"You're not coming" I spout out 

"Yes I am"

"Oh my god Alex" I throw my head back with a small groan "I hate you"

"Nah you love me"

I roll my eyes and smile a little.

Dylan is just laughing at us before checking his beeper and telling me that he has to go and will see me tonight.

"He does anything you or I don't like and I will kick his ass back to Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital where he transferred from."

"Trust me big brother I'm more than capable of kicking his 147 pounds of frail skin and fragile bones myself if I need to, but thanks. Now, how's Madeline? Did you talk to Jo? No issues with CPS right?"