11

Now, how's Madeline? Did you talk to Jo? No issues with CPS right?"

"No, there were no issues. I promised you I'm not going to let them take her and I won't so just...relax a little...please." Alex states although I can tell he's bothered, and it's not just because Dylan asked (well more like told?) me we're going out. He didn't like how his conversation with Jo went. I knew it.

I grind my teeth a little before taking a deep breath attempting to relax but really it just ends up giving me the breath needed to quickly rant out "Alex how am I supposed to relax when Madeline is staying somewhere I've never been with a woman I don't even know who literally called CPS to come take her away?!? Hell, I don't even really know you anymore; it's been 10 years. On top of that, I don't even know when I'm getting out. School's starting in a couple of days AND oh my god, my job! I think I was supposed to meet him today or maybe tomorrow? I don't even know, God I don't even know what day it is. AND you're telling me to relax?!? Even though I know your conversation with Jo didn't go well! So tell me how am I supposed to relax?!?" I yell out before quickly covering my mouth with both hands as my eyes widen. Shit shit shit. "I'm so sorry Alex I-"

"No. There's no need to be sorry. You're just telling the truth. I messed up and was gone from your life for 10 years, but I'm stepping up and not going anywhere again. I love you and I love Madeline. You don't have to forgive me because honestly I wouldn't forgive me, but I'm not going anywhere"

 You don't have to forgive me because honestly I wouldn't forgive me, but I'm not going anywhere"

"Alex I really am-"

"No squirt no apologizing we're leaving it there for now unless you want to yell at me again" he says with a small smile letting what I said to him go, but I feel horrible so I ask him to come look at my IV to make sure the vein isn't blown. While he is looking at my hand, I hug him quickly and whisper "I'm sorry and I love you and thank you for everything"

He steps back and I ask "So how did it go with Jo?"

He sighs "It went... She called once you all arrived at the hospital after asking Madeline where her parents were. I asked her why the hell she would do that, and she said she didn't know you were my sister, but that's not an excuse! She went against protocol. Neither of you had really been evaluated, and she should of waited at least 24 hours to see if you became conscious and had other family to take Madeline before calling CPS, and I went off because it's bullshit she is  screwing with people's lives and her excuse was she was she was a little distracted and is sorry like sorry doesn't get kids out of the system!"

I sigh "I know I should tell you to go talk to her and that you both love each other and she just messed up but I don't really want to say that because I don't really like her but you do so you should probably go talk to her"

He sighs "I don't know...maybe...Anyway I've got to go check in on my patients. You're going to be working at Joe's Bar right? I'll let him know what is going on. He's cool. He'll understand. Also how in the hell are you working in a bar at 19?"

"It's a bar and grill. I'm a waitress I just have to have someone else carry the alcohol."

"I don't like it"

"Too bad?"

"I also don't like you going on a date with O'Brien" (Dylan)

"Again too bad" I state before sticking my tongue out at him as he leaves.

He makes a face back at me and then walks out.