Chapter 3

Present day, 9 months after Weirdmageddon

**Dipper**

I remember this bed being much more comfortable last time I slept in it. With it's wooden frame and old mattress that has sat in this attic for at least years makes sense why is not as cozy as mine back home. The dust particles are visible from the moon light shining through the window. I look across the room and see my sister sound asleep. At least she is able to get some shut eye tonight. I sigh as I turn over, my back flat on the bed. It is only the first night back in Gravity Falls why am I struggling to sleep. There is nothing that should be keeping me up at night, no mysteries, no Bill, no... nothing. So, why can't I sleep? Why am I being antsy and have a feeling something is wrong. I need to get out of this bed and do something to get my mind settled. I made my way to Wendy's spot on the roof I go to on nights like these.

My back lays flat against the shingles of the roof. A cold but pleasant feeling forms on my back. A moderate breeze has formed overnight, maybe I should have brought a blanket with me. I face my head towards the sky and stare out into the stars. The moon is full tonight. What a pretty sight, you cannot get as good of looks of it in California as you can here. The craters are easily discernible and the detail I can pick out with just my bare eyes is astonishing. I glance over to the stars in the sky and try to draw constellations with them. A line began to form connecting the dots between the stars, glowing brighter every second. It is the big dipper, I moved my hand over my forehead and rub my fingers over my birthmark resembling the same constellation. The stars began to move and change form, still glowing brighter. Only this time, the formed the shape of a triangle.

I heard a familiar chuckle and my eyes widen. I must have fallen asleep on the roof. That laugh is too distinct to not recognize instantly. This has to be a nightmare, Bill is dead. Why am I lucid though, I should not be able to recognize I am in a dream... unless?

"Right you are Pine Tree!" Bill appears in the outline of the triangular constellation. "This isn't a dream kid and I am back and better than ever!" A lump forms in my throat. This can't be real.

"No it can't be, you can't be real! We destroyed you with the memory gun!" I shout back.

"Ah, yes you did, however..." Chills began to run down my spine, my fists clench. I have beaten him once in a dream, I can do it twice. Show no fear. "It is strange how with only a scrapbook Fez was able to gain back his memories. Did you idiots really assume you could kill me so easily. Newsflash! I am immortal! You can try to kill me all you want but I can just regenerate."

My body begins to heat up as anger builds inside of me. I am will not let him try to ruin another summer or even harm my family and friends in anyway. My eyes stared down Bill's singular eye, his expression still smug and daring me to try something. A tingling sensation forms in my hand, I ignore it to continue to locking eyes with Bill.

"It's true, I can't believe it." I hear Bill mumble, barely making out what he said.

"What's true! What do you mean?" I shout at Bill. He ignores me and is just fixated on my hand. I stop watching Bill and glance down at my hand. A purple fire surrounds my hand. My eyes widen and I jump back, waving my arm around. "What did you do to me Bill!" I shout at him, my voice cracking from panic.

"I didn't do anything to you kid, besides playing with your emotions. You want to get rid of that just calm down." Calm down? Is he serious? My hand is on fire and my worst enemy is back from the grave and he expects me to be able to calm down?

"I am not up for playing your games Bill. Get rid of this!" I say waving my flaming arm at him.

"Fine kid don't believe me. It doesn't matter anyway, I know your secret now." With that Bill shrinks and teleports away. Leaving me on the roof of the Mystery Shack with a hand still on fire.

He knows my secret? What does that even mean? What secret do I have? My mind refocuses on my flaming hand. I continue to wave it around to try and put it out. Failing, Bill's words came back to mind. "You want to get rid of that just calm down." I suck in a deep breath and hold it. Maybe Bill was right and this could work. It was worth a shot. I slowly exhale and as the air leaves my body the fire in my hand dies down with it. Unbelievable, it worked... he was telling me the truth. That is a first. I get off the roof and go back into the attic I shared with my sister.

I look over at Mabel. She is still asleep unaware that Bill is still alive,  lucky. I wander over to the bathroom and throw water on my eyes. Just to make sure I am not asleep myself. I trudge over to my bed and flop onto it, my mind racing. If I thought I could not sleep already it just got a whole lot worse. I have to warn everyone tomorrow, but at the same time... it would be nice to enjoy a couple days where the Gravity Falls is not in peril for once. Unsuspectingly, my sleep deprivation begins to take hold on my and I fall asleep, despite my skepticism saying I would be up all night.