Chapter 12

**Dipper**

After an indiscernible amount of time, Dipper finally got himself up on his feet. Wiping his face with the collar of his shirt, he start to wander around Bill's home. Remembering what Bill said to him before he left, he made his way to the hallway. He ran his fingers across the wall, it had the feel of cement but wasn't cold like it normally would. It was room temperature and did not even look like cement but rather it was dark grey wall paper. The lighting in the hall was dim and moody. Dipper found it odd that he could not detect where specifically the light was coming from but noticed that it was just there. It looked evenly spread down the hall, each inch equally illuminated. Dipper finally made it to the first room on the right in the hall. His hand hovered over the handle. He began to turn it as predictions of what it would look like filled his mind.

He opened the door and his jaw lowered. He was expecting an empty room with maybe a mattress not a fully furnished room. He couldn't help but grin as he walked in and looked around at everything Bill had given him. The bed was larger than the one he had at home and next to it was a small nightstand. Above the bed had a strip of lights extending the length of the bed lighting up the room surprisingly well. Dipper looked around me and noticed now he even had his own desk, something he never had before. No more doing homework on the dining room table... oh wait, guess no homework for a while... His smile faded as he was reminded of his situation.

He shook off the feeling and continued to look around his room. His eyes locked on to the book shelves and he walked over to them. Awe filled his eyes as the shelves were filled with books going up to the ceiling. He began reading some of the titles, Astrology and the Cosmos, Coding and Decoding Messages, The Odd and Curious, Extinct Creatures, etc. His fingers twitched as he tried to decide on what to read first. He finally settled on a book about magical creatures. Flopping on his bed he began flipping the pages looking at the illustrations and titles for something that looked interesting.

Minutes of searching nothing could hold his attention enough compared to thinking about his family. It felt odd being in a bedroom that he wasn't sharing with Mabel. He felt guilty for partially being happy about his new room. He always wanted to have his own room so he could read late at night without hiding under his covers but he did not want it in this context. He began thinking of ways he could go home again. Dipper recalled his conversation with Bill he had after he woke up. Bits and pieces are missing as he zoned out but one thing stuck out more than any. The reason he is stuck here is Tad Strange. If he out of the picture he can go home. Dipper had a new motivation, a new objective, get rid of Strange.

Dipper put his book down, and turned off the light. If he is going to fight Tad Strange then he has to train his demon abilities that he now has. The sooner he is strong enough to get rid of Strange the faster he can be with his family again. Rolling over and trying to hold back tears he murmurs, "Goodnight Mabel."