Chapter 6

**Ford**

I kept a warm smile on my face as I watched Dipper go back up the elevator. He is hiding something from me, I know it. The question is what and why? Did Bill tell him more than what Dipper said he did? Does he know he is Bill's son? No, he can't. If he did then he would have acted differently, he would have been angry or sad over it. Dipper was afraid, I could see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice. He could have been testing me though? He asked me about what is the secret Bill now knows. Oh god. Bill knows Dipper is his kid. Bill is back and now he does not need me alive to find his kid, he already knows. I got to put the barrier back up around the house. It is the only way to keep us safe from Bill until we figure out how to keep him out of our dimension again. I moved towards the elevator to setup the barrier when I realized, I just sent Dipper out into the woods alone. Bill will try something, I got to find him! I rapidly tap the button to call down the elevator. How could I have just send the kid out when Bill is back! I am not thinking straight.

The elevator door open and I stepped in. The elevator starts to climb and I focused on controlling my breathing. Alright, if Bill knew and was planning on abducting Dipper he would have done that last night. That is not his game plan, so what is? My stomach sank, is he actually listening to what I told him last summer. Bill is going to try and make Dipper not fear him, probably trust him. I shouldn't have given Bill that idea by telling him how Dipper would fear him. I had to keep Bill and Dipper from knowing the truth and it is not like I planned for this to happen.

The elevator made it to the top and I ran out into the kitchen. I turned to find my brother watching TV. I asked him where Dipper was and he just shrugged. I rush out of there and into the tourist trap portion of my house. I moved my way through the groups of people staring at fake relics. When did this place become so popular? I made it to the front door, waving hi to Soos standing over by the cash register, wearing my brother's old fez. He smiled and waved back. I glanced back over and smiled as I left the mystery shack.

"DIPPER!" I shouted towards the forest in front of me. I began to spin around looking for any indication of where he might have went off to. There is nothing. No footprints, no trails, no nothing. I took a step towards the forest and stopped. Bill won't abduct Dipper. He should be safe. If Bill really knows Dipper is his son then Bill will protect him. The only worry now is what Bill would do to Dipper. Could he try and remove the charm I put on Dipper to make him human? Bill can't get rid of the barrier around the town, if he could he would have done it. So, Bill cannot undo what I did for Dipper. I turned heel and went to setup the barrier around the shack again. Dipper will be back by nightfall and when he comes back Bill will not be able to get near him until I can protect him. I hope...

**Dipper**

I settled myself against my favorite tree to sit under. Boy have I missed this spot. I can hear the birds chirping and the bugs are vacant from this area. This journal is so cool. I rub my fingers over the engraving on the front. I still can't believe Ford is trusting me to write journals for him. I flip the cover and landed on the first page. The question is what to start writing about. I figured to write an introduction and explanation of this journal.

"Hello, my name is Dipper Pines and this is my journal of the weird and mysterious anomalies that exist in Gravity Falls. If you are in possession of this then that must mean that:

A - I lost/hidden it and you found it

B - I have given it to you

                      or

C - I have been injured/taken/have died

Hopefully, your possession of this journal is through option B. However, no matter what way you obtained this journal, you can consider this your guide to the paranormal. In these pages lay stories, advice, and warnings of the mysterious beings that exist in Gravity Falls. Participate at your own risk."