Part 27

Soon the movie was over and you found yourself suddenly so exhausted.

But also starving. The burial had ended at like 5 and now it was 9pm. You hadn't eaten since lunch.

You got off the bed, "I'm going to go raid your pantry."

You left the room only to hear his footsteps following you.

"It's not much of a raid if you come with," you said.

"I'm hungry too," he just replied.

You got to his kitchen and opened up a cabinet.

"I'm gonna make mac n cheese," you said, pulling out a box.

"Whatever your heart desires," he said.

•••

After you ate some food and cleaned up, you went back upstairs. You were exhausted. Sebastian followed you all the way up. When you got to his room you awkwardly exchanged a look with him.

"I'm gonna sleep on the couch," he just said plainly.

"Oh, Seb, you don't have to..." you began.

"Take the bed," he said firmly, and you shut your mouth.

The two of you began getting ready for bed.

It had been a long day.

Once you were done, you climbed into his bed.

It was so comfortable beneath the covers.

"Sebastian...you should've gotten to sleep in the bed," you said.

"It's fine...i'll be on the couch outside if you need me..." he said, heading for the door.

"Goodnight, Seb," you whispered.

"Goodnight," he said softly, turning off the lights and leaving the door open a crack....

You were in the car with Chris.

You were driving.

He placed a hand on you and you were distracted and then the crash happened and it all happened in slow motion.

You watched as the car flipped around and Chris was majorly injured.

Then the whole nightmare was replaying and Chris was dying in your arms again.

'YOU SHOULDVE DIED TOO!! WHY DID YOU GET TO SURVIVE? YOU CUT HIS LIFE SHORT....IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOURS THAT ENDED, NOT HIS!! YOU ARE WORTHLESS. YOU CAUSED AN INNOCENT MAN TO DIE. A MAN WHO LOVED YOU. YOU LET HIM DOWN!!' screamed a voice.

"IM SORRY!!! I DIDNT MEAN FOR IT TO HAPPEN I KNOW ITS MY FAULT AND ILL REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE...ITS ALL MY FAULT...IM SO SORRY...IM SO SORRY CHRIS!!" you screamed back.

"(y/n)!! (y/n)!!" came a new voice.

"I'm sorry...i'm sorry..."

Suddenly you were shaken awake.

You were screaming and crying and Sebastian was over you, shaking you out of your nightmares.

"It was so horrible, Sebastian," you sobbed, sitting up as he wrapped you in a hug.

"I'm here, now. It's okay. I'm here- it's okay, you're okay," he said as he patted you reassuringly.

"But i'm not okay..." you cried.

Sebastian pulled from the embrace and pushed away the covers.

"Make room," he said and you scooted over before he climbed into the bed with you.

He pulled the covers over the two of you and turned onto his side to look at you before wrapping his arms around you again. You wrapped your arms around his body too, your hands resting on his back. His body so close to you gave you an unexpected warmth. You felt so safe again. His body was against yours, his arms wrapped around your body and making you feel so safe. He smelled so good and you nestled your head into the crook of his neck. Suddenly he was leaning and his lips were right against your ear.

A shiver went through your entire body and his words tickled your ear, "I'll always be here for you, (y/n). Goodnight, doll."

•••

(SEB POV)
I woke up to the sound of (y/n) screaming.

I quickly got up off the couch and ran to my room, rushing to the bed.

She was screaming in her sleep and shouting about how it was her fault.

"(y/n)!!" i yelled as i shook her.

She finally woke up and she was crying and i just held her so very tight.

And then i did something that even surprised me. I climbed into the bed with her, pulling the covers over the two of us. I knew it was a bad idea but good also.

Bad because I was in love with this girl and how could I just control myself...but i had to because I cared about her and i was all that she had.

I wrapped my arms around her and she did the same to me. It was so warm in this bed with her. She nestled up so close to me, putting her head right in the crook of my neck. I knew i was probably bright red because my face felt like it was on fire and i had goosebumps all over me. i was so thankful she couldn't see in the dark.

By then I just leaned into her ear, "I'll always be here for you, (y/n). Goodnight, doll," and she finally seemed at peace...

835 words