Part 28

Over the next months you stayed with Sebastian. Whenever you would have nightmares, he would come into your room and hold you and you would fall back asleep in his arms. He made you feel so very safe and you never wanted to leave his house.

However, there was still something that you had kept hidden from him. He could tell that you were hiding something but he didn't press you for it. You had never told Sebastian that some of Chris' last words were him telling you that you should be with Sebastian. That he knew you had feelings for Sebastian. And you knew that under piles of misery and heartbreak and especially now that he was always there for you... that you still had those feelings for him. And honestly, they scared you....

•••

Sebastian was out grocery shopping and you were cooking dinner. You were making enchiladas and rice... Soon the door opened and in came Sebastian, holding grocery bags.

"Would you mind helping me with a few of these?" he asked.

"I'm busy," you replied, and he just gave you a look before throwing down the bags and walking back out to get the rest.

When he came back he began putting stuff away and you opened up the oven and put the enchiladas in. You closed it and set the timer. The rice was already cooking on the stove so you just leaned against the counter as Sebastian walked back and forth putting stuff away.

"Mind helping?" he asked.

"Even though I just made dinner?" you asked and he groaned.

"Relax i'm teasing sebastian," you said as you reached into a bag and began putting stuff away.

Once you were done you walked back over to the rice and began stirring it a little and then u put the spoon down.

"You know, you seem to be doing an awfully lot better lately..." Sebastian began.

"Seb if you're kicking me out I'm going to dump this rice on your head," you said firmly.

"Oh so you're fine staying here? You're not sick of me yet?" he asked, walking closer to you and leaning up against the counter to the right of you.

"Get sick of THE sebastian stan? who could ever?" you feigned and he looked at you with a smirk.

"Stop smirking," you said, picking up the wooden spoon from the counter and playfully hitting him with it.

Then you were turning around and walking away from him and the rice, towards the fridge.

"You know, there's a certain conversation we never seemed to finish...maybe it has something to do with whatever you have hidden from me?" he asked, walking towards you.

Your heart fluttered in your chest.

"Are you referring to the conversation that left both of us screaming at each other because that's not a particular one that i would like to revisit," you replied.

Your back was to him but you could feel him getting closer to you. You spun around to look at him and he was a foot away.

You pointed a finger at him, "Nows not the time for talking."

"Did you have something else in mind?" he asked, and you stepped back and your back hit the fridge.

"Yes. Dinner," you said, walking forward and trying to push past him.

But he just grabbed your wrist and pulled you back to him.

"What has gotten into you, Sebastian..." you stammered, your heart racing a mile a minute.

You didn't know what was going on...

"You have a secret. It's been months. I'd like to know what it is," he said firmly.

"I-I don't have a secret..." you stammered.

"That's exactly what someone with a secret would say. Now spill the beans," he said.

"Why now?"

"Because i've been waiting long enough."

"Maybe I'm just not ready to share. Don't rush me please," you said, and that finally stopped his nagging.

•••

That night instead of dreaming about Chris dying, his last words just replayed to you over and over and over again. 'I CANT TELL HIM I JUST CANT!!' you shouted back at him and then Sebastian was waking you up and you realized that you had been shouting out loud like usual.

"Does this involve the secret?" he whispered.

"I was just dreaming about Chris again..." you replied, but he just scooted you over and got in the bed with you.

But this time he didn't wrap his arms around you. You scooted to make room and just laid down on your side and he did the same and he just looked at you.

"So the secret has something to do with Chris too then," Sebastian noted.

"Why are you so obsessed with this?" you asked.

"Wouldn't you want to know?" was his response.

"Touché."

For a moment it was just silent. And you two were just looking at each other.

Your heart rate was incredibly high....

And then it was as if the two of you were scooting closer to each other.

Until his face was several inches away from yours.

And then he was slowly leaning in.

Was he really about to kiss you???

Was this really happening??

You slowly began to lean in too but your lips hesitated when they were just an inch away. Your heart was pounding so fast. After what felt like an eternity, you finally closed the distance.

It was a very soft kiss, but it made you feel warm inside. His lips were so soft and felt so good against yours. But, you could tell that he was unsure and he pulled away slightly.

"Is this okay?" he whispered.

"More than okay," you were pleased to realize that for once you were being honest with him.

He glanced down at your lips again and this time he was closing the distance. When his lips collided with yours for the second time, it was as if an electric shock went through your entire body.

This one was more sure and confident- as if he was saying, "You're mine."

Then he was pushing the covers off of you. His hands grabbed your waist and he pulled you on top of him, making a giggle escape your lips. Your legs were on either side of him, pinning him against the bed. But he just kissed you harder until you finally pulled away and trailed your lips up his neck and jaw. You could tell that it was pleasant torture for him, and he finally grabbed your face and kissed your lips again, rolling over so that he was now on top of you. His body pressed yours against the bed as this time he was the one to pull away from your lips and lean into your neck. He kissed along your collarbone and up your neck, trailing them along your jaw and sending shivers through your entire body.

Finally his lips landed back on yours, and he kissed you passionately.

Kissing him made you feel so alive...

and for the first time in months, you weren't feeling sad...

1178 words