Chapter 1: Primo Passo

A soft noise filled my ears.

A piano note.

Hmm ... What is it ?

B sharp ?

My eyes jolted open.

" Oh crap."

" Coda !!"

I ran to the living room, finding a little skinny child at the base of the piano.

My son.

I sighed.

" Coda ? Was that a B-Sharp?"

He nodded.

" Didn't we say that B-sharp was an emergency?"

He nodded again.

Suddenly he pointed to the clock on the small table near the window.

I looked at it.

8 a.m

Oh , that was the emergency.

" 8 am ?!"

I grabbed Coda and went to the bathroom. My son giggled as I tried to run from one place to another grabbing everything needed for his bag.

" Did you take a shower ?"

He put his arms up for me to smell and I tickled him. He giggled and started to tickle me.

" Play some piano , until I finish okay ?" I said kissing his forehead.

He nodded and went to the piano. It looked huge near him. That grand piano took me ages to buy , but it was all worth it.

I hopped in the shower and put on jeans and a mint jumper. Then I grabbed my keys and went to put my things in my own bag.

Twinkle Twinkle star was filling our small maisonette.

I smiled , remembering how fast he learned this song. His first song.

I shook my head, no time for flashbacks.

" Coda , let's go sweetheart."

The piano stopped and two small feet came running to the front door.

He turned to look at the living room and waved his hand to the piano.

I smiled , he usually does that when he knows he has a whole day without playing the piano again.

" Come on sweetheart , we are late." He turned and put his small hand in mine.

As we walked to the school, he starting tapping the air. Probably playing a song with his invisible piano.

I looked down at him.

" What are you playing ?"

He looked up and smiled. Then he stopped and put his fingers in position and pressed two notes.

Those notes , that must be 'Row Row Row your boat.'

I smiled and ruffled his head.