Moment 9: Canada Day 2018 (July 1st)

Aside from being mischievous, Loki was also a curious one, and we both enjoyed learning about each other and our respective cultures.

Today was Canada Day and my friend and I had made plans to meet to celebrate in my home city of Winnipeg. Along with some other items, I had packed a blanket, bottled water and snacks for us in a backpack.

Ever punctual, he showed up to my domicile at the time we had arranged. However what he was wearing...

"What's wrong?" he asked as he saw the way I looked at his clothes, "is it not appropriate for the occasion?"

"That suit you're wearing is very becoming on you," I said with a smile, "but you should wear something more casual and lighter, the weather might be a bit warmer than usual... also, people like to wear red and white to symbolize the Canadian flag."

Myself, I was wearing my blue jeans and a red T-shirt with a Canadian print.

Loki nodded, thought for a moment, and then in a flash, transformed his attire. He was now wearing light blue slacks, a white t-shirt and a lightweight red jacket that matched the colour of my shirt. He gave a 'what do you think?' look with a shrug.

"Better," I said with a grin.

****************

We took a bus to Assiniboine Park, and it dropped us off where we could access the park by the long footbridge. As we got halfway on the bridge, Loki stopped, and looked over the edge, enjoying the view.

"This is a lovely location, Beverlee."

"It is, isn't it." I concurred, myself now looking over the edge.

There is something about when living somewhere that after you've been to certain locations, you can't appreciate them the same way after that first experience

There is something about when living somewhere that after you've been to certain locations, you can't appreciate them the same way after that first experience. Unless you see them through different eyes. I was glad to have Loki with me, allowing me again to do so.

A blue sky with a few clouds, the sun shining and plenty of time to get where we needed to be, which was the Lyric Theatre, I let Loki set the tone. If he saw something of interest, we would stop to admire it or discuss it.

And there was a lot to see at Assiniboine Park. I didn't want us to exhaust ourselves before getting to our destination, but we took a short detour to the Leo Mol Garden to check out the bronze statues and the beautiful landscape of flowers and fountains.

Next, we stopped at the Pavillion Gallery Museum. However, we didn't go inside. We sat on the benches in the courtyard to rest for a bit and observed the statue in the middle of it entitled "Plains Call" which was created and donated by Ivan Eyre.

I pulled out our bottles of water from my backpack. Taking a few sips to refresh ourselves, I then put them back inside the pocket.

"Having fun so far?" I asked.