ralbert-sick fic

(Albert's POV)
     I waltz into my apartment, holding a bottle of pain killers fo my lovely boyfriend, who is very sick. I then head into our bedroom, to see him curled up with a bucket next to him, which is how I left him this morning.

"Hey, Darling..." I whisper, stroking his hair as I sit down.

"Albie, it hurts..." He whines, leaning against my chest.

     "Babe, you gotta be more specific. But, I do have pain relievers. I'll give you one in a second." I kiss his nose, watching as he cuddles against me.

"Everything hurts...is that specific enough?" Race says with a sigh. I just grab the bottle of pain killers from my bag, and hand it to him. He pops it in his mouth, sipping a little bit of his water. Race's curls fall gently in front of his face as he leans over the bucket. Before anything happens, though, I scoop him up, and take him into the bathroom. I set him down in front of the toilet.

I then get up, starting to draw a hot bath for my love. While the bath fills up, I dampen a washcloth with some of the warm water, and head over to Race, taking off his shirt for him. Of course, I have to lift his head from resting on the edge of the toilet before doing so. He is covered in sweat, but he starts to shiver once his shirt is off.

     "Albiiieee, no, I'm too coolllddd."

     "Anth, I gotta...but you'll be in a nice warm bath in a couple minutes." I rub his back with the washcloth, kissing his forehead, which is burning hot. I then take the washcloth from his back, and gently wipe his mouth with it, "Go grab anything you need before you get in the bath. I'm gonna finish setting up the bath. Maybe make yourself some tea? It'll help.."

     "O-okay..." Race gets up, not bothering with putting his shirt back on. Once he walks out, I go and turn of the water. I grab his pink, strawberry-scented bath bomb, dropping it in the water. I then put some soap in it to make it  bubble bath, which I know my dear boyfriend adores. Lastly, I grab some of our small candles, placing them around the bathtub, and lighting them. Our bathtub is on of those cute ones with the four little legs that makes it seem like the bathtub could crawl away at any moment. It has a few small little tables (if you could call them that) around it, for the candles and our shampoo and stuff.

      Soon, Race comes in with a cup of tea in his cute, pink mug that I bought for him. In gold cursive, the words Pretty Boy are written across the front, and the handle is in half the shape of a heart. I walk over to him, and pull him close by the waist, pressing my forehead against his.

     "Albert, babe, no. You can't do that. I don't want you to get sick. Alright? We can cuddle and kiss all you want once I'm better, though." Race lightly pushes me away, and I just ruffle his hair, turning around as he undresses and gets in the tub.

     Once he's fully in, I turn back around, and sit next to the tub, running my hand through his soft curls. God, he's so cute, and pretty, and beautiful, and hot, and sweet, and caring, and lovable, and etc, etc, etc. I could go on with the list for years and years. I'm so in love, but so is he, so it's okay. I grab a cup, and fill it up sign some water, and pour it over Race's hair. I repeat this process until his hair is decently wet, and then I grab his shampoo, squeezing some into my hand, and then massage it onto Race's scalp. He leans into the touch, closing his eyes.

~~SkiP tO wHen tHe baThY baTh iS oVEr~~

     Race is now curled up against my side, in some sweatpants, and my favorite hoodie. Luckily, he's feeling a bit better after the bath. I wrap my arms around him, kissing his cheek.  Race just buries his face in my chest, yawning with a smile. His curls are softer now that they are freshly washed, so I repeatedly run my fingers through them.

     "I love you, Antonio."

     "I love you too, Albert.." He mumbles against my chest. I go to say something else, but I realize he's asleep, and so I just cover us in blankets, holding him close while closing my eyes.

     In the morning, my eyes flutter open, and I smile, seeing that Race isn't in bed. It's not that I'm happy I didn't wake up to him by my side, but instead, it's because that means he is up and moving. I start to get up when I feel my stomach start to toss and turn. I lay back down, whining a little.

     "Raaaaccccee!!! I don't feeeelll weeeellllll...!!!!" I call out, hoping that my boyfriend is home. 

     "GOD DAMMIT ALBERT, I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN!!" I hear him yell back. I can't help but smile at this, knowing this amazing man is mine.