eight

2010

Strange.

It was strange when juhyun first opened her eyes. The place was not familiar to her. When she opened her eyes, it was an unfamiliar surroundings she encountered. There was a faint light coming from the corner of her eyes. Everything was blurry and dimmed. Her head was throbbing. Her body was aching. She could smell a strong scent of alcohol in the room which she figured coming from the small aid kit box on the table beside her.

She forced herself to sat up a little. Leaning onto the wall behind her, which then she figured was a soft bedhead. Meaning she was on a bed. Someone else's bed. She recalled her very own bed in her room in daegu does not have a bedhead. She slept on a thin mattress. On the floor. Which apparently does not suit to be called a bed.

It was not even her room in seoul. The interior was not hers. She never owned a black bed, a white drawers, nor a guitar hanging randomly on the wall. Not even a cushioned dog bed basket sitting at the very corner of the room. Why? because she is afraid of one. Not just dogs, she's afraid of most animals. Literally all animals. She finds them terrifying. And nobody ever teach her to love one. Thus seeing one, will make her freak out to hyperventilating. Animals and juhyun are just one mismatched that wrongly coexisted. But not that she could choose to anyway.

She tried to move her hands to reach for her phone in her pocket. Suddenly she felt a jolt of pain arised from her right arm. Only then, she recalled the event that happened to her. But still she couldn't figure out how she ended up on someone else's bed.

She saw her wounded arm was now being nicely dressed with bandage. Somebody must have treated it.

"you're awake??"

The light was switched on, revealing a tall man with a tray of food in his hands. Juhyun saw his face. And for the first time she was shocked. Shocked by someone's beauty. And it's a man. How can a man be this handsome. His features are very well-sculptured. She has to blinked twice and pinched herself to ensure she was not dreaming.

When the man came closer to her and sat at the edge of the bed beside her, she figured that the face looks familiar. She has seen his face before but she forgot where and when.

"who... who are you?? w-where am i?!", juhyun starts panicking.

"hey.." he smiled. "don't worry you're in my room.. in the dormitory of course.. you fainted this morning in front of our dormitory.. i saw you got into a car accident and your arm was bleeding too.. i cant just left you alone.."

Juhyun was surprised to hear that she fainted. She never realised that her arm was bleeding. Maybe she was so used to pain she can't even feel it anymore.

"t-thanks.. but i really should be going right now." she said. She didn't feel right sleeping in another stranger's room. And it's a man. She didn't even know this guy. She figured she had to leave now before she got caught by the warden.

"wait!" he stopped her. "at least eat this first. you didn't eat anything since this morning and it's already night.."

Juhyun felt guilty about the whole situation, he saved her and even prepared food for her to eat. She thought it will be rude to just left him alone like that without properly thank him.

She went back to sit on his bed. "Im sorry." she said fidgeting. She was looking down avoiding his eyes. She couldn't find word to say. How can she paid him back for all of his kindness. She is not that rich to literally pay him back.

"Im sorry for causing you a lot of trouble. I mean we didn't even know each other yet you treated me so well. How can i repay you kindness. I-i don't have money to pay you.."

He giggled at her cuteness.

"hey you didn't have to pay me back.. it's all free.. i mean if anyone saw you back then they would have done the same too.." he grinned. "eat this.. im not a good cooker but this porridge is the most i can do". He set up the tray on the bedside table and handed juhyun the porridge which she gladly took.

"thanks.." she said.

"so... i think we have met before, right? he said.

"you're the girl that eavesdropped me behind the school back then. i knew you look familiar somewhere but I could not figure it out right away because you're not wearing your glasses."

She looked at him. Yes. It's him. The man who was shouting with her girlfriend that day when she was sitting peacefully reading her books at her favourite spot behind the school.

"im not eavesdropping! i was there before you!" she claimed.

Taehyung look at the girl pouting and frowning. He laughed. She was so cute.

"No no no.. I didn't mean it like that dont be mad.". His fingers made its way to touch her forehead straightening her frowns.

She was surprised at the sudden contact and back away. If anything juhyun is awkward with male species. She never had a male friend. Nor she has ever dated one. Shocking right. With her ethereal visual, she can get a boyfriend in a snap. Not that she didn't have men queuing up to date her, she just didn't feel like it. She rejected them all. She was too busy to even think about dating. About love.

Since juhyun was a kid, all she does is studying. That's all she has been doing until now. All because she wanted to impress her parents. Her mother was very strict about academic stuff. She would be so furious if juhyun ever failed a test. Once she got a 'C' for science when she was eleven. She ended up with a painful cheeks that night.

She didn't care to be honest. She knew it was her fault. She has to be useful her to help her family. She didn't want to be a burden by failing her studies. Since then she never got less than a 'B' for her entire grade. And now she even gained a scholarship under her name. She thought the pain paid its price.

"i-im taehyung by the way. kim taehyung." he grinned holding out a hand to her.

"bae juhyun. called me juhyun." she smiled and shook his hand.

"hyun?? woah your name is beautiful too!" he said bluntly not realizing he just slipped out his thoughts.

She blushed at the sudden compliment. "t-thanks i guess" she said. "let's be friends.. i mean that's the only way i can repay you.. i didn't have anything to offer.. but i can help you with your study or anything.. i mean if you want it"

"of course I'll be glad! hyun-ah! im going to call you hyun!"

a/n: it is taehyung's room.. his real room in the media.. right?