thirteen

2010

it was unfortunate for juhyun on that particular day. not that she's always lucky anyway. but perhaps there was no luck left for her.

she was not assigned in the same room with wendy to her dismay.

"kim nana... bae juhyun.. lee chaeyeon... sakura" she read out as she traced the name list with her fingertips. none of names juhyun was familiar with.

she heaved a long sigh.

the chosen campsite that year was located on the outskirt of seoul. near the serene forest view far from the hassle confined city. surrounded by the wide green walls and limitless blue skies instead of the usual damp gray concrete.

the main point of the camp was outdoor with stress-free pursuit. therefore their schedule was mainly focus on activities that enable the students to enjoy themselves rather than the formal idea of forceful team building which attract less participants.

juhyun thought it would be a good escape to breathe some fresh air to clear her mind from all the school works that keep demanding her attention these days. and perhaps this is the only chance to clear things up with taehyung.

the activities will officially begin in few hours. thus juhyun dropped her bags altogether on the bed before making her way out to find her best friend.

"wendy!!" juhyun shouted when she spotted her bf chatting in the lobby with the kids.

"joo!" wendy said upon noticing the lone girl. she noticed the mouth pouting, shoulders hunching & forehead creasing. must be about the room assignment.

"fate was not on our side again joo." wendy said while approaching her. she patted juhyun's shoulder knowing the girl's feeling.

"but my room was not that far from yours. we can still eat together".

"yeah.." juhyun sighed. "so much for the first day. first there was the man who hated my gut. now i cant even share the room with my best friend"

wendy grinned. "dont worry! it's not like we'll be separated for the whole trip. cheer up. think on the bright side. who knows you'll get your chance to make up with taehyung."

juhyun rolled her eyes. "and how is that supposed to happen?" wearing the are-you-serious face. "you know he even hate the sight of me. approaching him will be like a total suicide."

wendy cackled. "dont worry. i dont think it was that bad. you just have to make your point that you're totally innocent. you have nothing to be afraid of"

"fine..." she sighed for nth time that day. "we'll see about that."

it's after dinner when their schedule officially began. the participants were assigned into several groups and they can choose their own members in a group of five with one facilitator.

being that said, of course juhyun and wendy chose each other. when everyone finally settled down the facilitators assigned to each group dispersed to brief everyone about their tasks.

"wen, why do i have a bad feeling about this" juhyun said while sitting together with the other group members she's not familiar with.

wendy hummed. "about what?"

"i dont know.. you know like when something bad is going to happen like you can actually sense it? that kind of feeling"

"well... maybe it's just you. stop overthinking"