twelve

2015

Juhyun always thought that love was selfless. Nevertheless in contrary of her feelings for taehyung, she believed hers was selfish.

She was selfish for always keeping taehyung by her side. She was selfish for always staying by his side. She thought she was being unfair to anyone particularly girl who's seeking chances with taehyung because she was always there. She was afraid that her presence might create misunderstandings that taehyung was taken. She didn't want to be a block in his love life.

She was selfish for keeping her feelings all to herself. She knew she was not being fair to her heart. All that because she was afraid. Afraid of losing him if she ever dared herself to confess her undying one sided love for taehyung. She was afraid of losing that one and only friend she adores the most in her whole life. Not that she didn't have wendy or yerim, it just that it was different.

Taehyung is her safe haven. Taehyung is her home.

After she migrated fully to seoul last year because her family had to move to America due to her father's promotion, taehyung is all she has. Whenever she was feeling down or hyped up, it was taehyung who was there by her side to make sure that she was alright. She dared to say they were each other's halves. At least that's what their friends said.

If she ever missed daegu, taehyung's home was there. His family was her second home. They adore juhyun as much that she never feel out of love. Taehyung said her mother would love herself a daughter ever since taehyung was born. Be it the Kim family was composed of only men except his own mother. Taehyung was the youngest out of the three brothers.

Him bringing juhyun home one day when it was raining suddenly four years back was one of the best decision he ever made. It was rather awkward at first for the introverted juhyun, with new people she encountered, but time passed as she got to know his family better. She'd be more than happy when his mother showers her with endless loves. In contrary to her stern mother, taehyung's mother was very girly & gentle. She almost never believed that the lady raised three beasts at home with her personality.

Taking in taehyung's features at the moment sitting in front of her in the library, with his mouth slightly pouting & his dark strong eyebrows furrowing in the middle, perhaps too concentrated doing his assignment that juhyun has no knowledge about. Nonetheless after all of these years she was aware of her feelings, she tried to imagine her life without him.

It couldn't be that bad. They've only known each other since teenage. They are both twenty now. Adults. It'll hurt for a while. But time will heal. As for taehyung, he'll be fine. He's handsome demeanour and his extroverted self will survive. Soon enough he will replace her with someone better. She couldn't see her importance if anything. It will be exactly like before the two met each other. Possibly she will be fine if she trained herself earlier. Maybe it's time to let him go. Maybe it's time to let her-self go.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" taehyung lightly pushed juhyun's head with his finger. He noticed juhyun been boring a hole on his head for quite a while.

"Arghh" she winced rubbing the aching spot. "What was that for?! I-I'm not staring at you. T-the wall behind you. It looks interesting.." she lied through her teeth averting her gazes from taehyung's naughty one.

"What?" taehyung chuckled looking behind him but find the wall was plain white & empty instead. "Silly bunny" he shook his head.

"Anyway hyun-ah what are doing this semester break?" he asked. "Omma been asking. She wants you home. She has been asking when is my daughter coming back???" he said with his voice high pitch at the end, mimicking her mother. "She didn't even asked me whether i'm going home or not" he said rolling his eyes. Juhyun chuckled at his jealous remarks.