nine

2014

There are three types of couples in this world. Juhyun concluded.

One, the one who were trully in love with each other. Befitting the phrase 'and they lived happily ever after'.

Two, couples in which love did existed once or what they believe was love when they first decided into marriage that eventually faded throughout time. Blaming differences in characters they figured as living together. Some just continued with tolerating and most ended up with divorce. It was for the better, juhyun thinks, rather than inflicting pain to both side and their child.

Lastly, the one whose love was never return. One-sided love. The most painful love.

Like juhyun's.

She wished hers was not the later, but it always does. Since juhyun realized she does loves taehyung more than a friend. More than a studymate. More than a male best friend, as time goes by.

She did denied it first back then. Four years ago. Even wendy could tell. Yeri did too. They convinced her that they can see it through her eyes. In every of her actions. They said it was quite noticeable because they were closer to her.

Still, she refused to accept any of that and continued to oblivious. But now, who was she trying to lie to.

She first noticed odd and unusual feeling when taehyung been asking for her help to get his crush's, in which she could not recalled her name, phone number. Juhyun was in the same club with his crush and juhyun had the seniority. Thus taehyung thought juhyun was the best answer to his problem.

Of course she did helped him. She could not refuse his request. His huge widened eyes and cute little pout he made whenever he needed something from the almighty juhyun.

She did remained unbothered at first. Thinking it was a stupid and immature way to get someone you like. But it has been bugging her. The thing is taehyung did saved her life once. Therefore she gave up and agreed to his request.

One request eventually turns many. taehyung was always using juhyun for confessions or delivering valentine's chocolates.

She chuckled whenever she recalled back all of his puppy loves and how it mostly ended in a tragic way. She concluded that he fell too easily.

Looking at his face right now directly in front of hers, she realised that she needed to end this pretence somehow eventually. Before she falls too deep. Before she ended up hurting more than she already did.

But she can't be selfish. She could not leave taehyung alone just because she's afraid of rejection.

Unknowingly her fingers made its way to brush taehyung's dark hair locks to behind his ear. She rested her hand on his neck to ruffle taehyung's ambiguous mullet he has been trying to grow lately. She always know that taehyung is a heavy sleeper. He does not wake up easily except to some who knows how to wake him up. Taehyung did not move a bit. He sleeps like the dead.

She has been staring at him for quite a while now right after she opened her eyes and figured both of them are sleeping on the same bed literally, for the first time in their friendship. She smiled. How she wished to make him hers. He was this close but his heart seems so far.

"only if you know..." she whispered.

The next thing she knows, his eyes was fluttering opened.

"know what?" he said in a raspy deep morning voice. He looks confused as ever then smiled when he realised they were sleeping together. Astonishingly it feels so comfortable to sleep with two on the same bed in which he never experienced it before as he was an only child.

"how was my best girl feeling?? did you have a nice sleep?" he grinned. ".....or was i too handsome and overwhelming you can't even fall asleep?" he said in a teasing manner like a child.

she rolled her eyes at him and pinch his abdomen. "you wished!!" she said. "i had a good night sleep not until you distracted me with your snoring! it was annoying i almost pinch your nose to death!!"

"ouch!!" he chuckled. "that was harsh". he leaned closer to kiss her forehead softly before making his way out of bed to go back to his room.

"good bye hyun-ah"

"are you doing anything today?" juhyun asked.

he stopped his track and faced her. "i don't know, maybe settling few assignments i have until noon.. why??"

"do you perhaps have some time to teach me some old mathematics we learned back in high school? i couldn't recall one or two formulas for my assignment. teach me!" she said.

"im sorry hyun-ah. i have promised to help yoona noona with her project tonight." he smiled, rather excitedly.

"...oh"

"nevermind then" she said looking down to her hands. "enjoy!"

"off you go, im going to take a bath" she beamed a fake smile before making her way to the bathroom. She locked the door behind her immediately and leaned onto it.

Before she knows it, tears were already brimming in her eyes.