Take a hint

[A/N I was actually listening to the song above, while writing this, it was my inspiration for this oneshot.]

John and Sherlock were in a nightclub. Obviously Sherlock didn't want to go, but he had lost a bet so he had to, and it would make John happy. They were sitting at the bar, John ordered them drinks. They were talking about random stuff, when..

''Hey beautiful.'' an unfamiliar voice said. Sherlock turned around to see a man, a relatively good looking man. Sherlock rolled his eyes. ''Hi.'' He answered. This guy was obviously trying to get laid.

''Wanna dance? I can buy you a drink too.'' He said with a smile.

''No thank you, I'm here with a friend.'' Sherlock said.

''It's fine with me.'' John said, giving Sherlock a smirk. He rolled his eyes again.

''What do you say?'' The man asked. ''I thought I already said 'no thank you'?''

The man looked down, disappointed. ''Okay then, I won't push you.'' He said and walked away. After a while John got up to go to the bathroom, leaving Sherlock alone for a while. 

It wasn't long until another(different)guy was hitting on him, 'Ugh not again.' Sherlock thought to himself. ''Wanna go to my place?'' The guy asked.

''Nope.''

''Oh c'mon babe, it'll be fun.'' He said, putting a hand on Sherlock's thigh. He swatted the hand away. ''I said no. Take a hint.'' The guy rolled his eyes and walked away. Thankfully John came back after that. They left after a few more guys and girls tried to hit on Sherlock[A/N Poor Jawn :( no one paid attention to him].

''This was a horrible idea.''

''Agreed.''

They took a cab back to the flat. It was already dark outside. When they got indoors Sherlock bolted into his room and closed the door. John just sat down and started to watch TV. Twenty minutes passed by, before John heard faintly an upbeat song playing in Sherlock's room. That's odd.

[A/N The next part is funny, I warned you]

John walked quietly to the door of Sherlock's room, listening. He didn't recognize the song, but he figured it was some pop song, Sherlock never listened to that shit, then again, he never listened to music in general. He quietly opened to door just enough to see what's going on. 

John had to work hard on not bursting into laughter when he saw Sherlock in his pajamas singing and dancing to the song.

''Why am I always hit on boys I never like.''

''I can always see them coming from the left and from the right.''

''I don't wanna be a priss, I'm just trying to be polite.''

''But it always seems to bite me in the..''[A/N this is so fucking funny, I'm struggling XD]

''Ask me for my number, yeah you put me on the spot.''

''You think that we should hook up, but I think that we should not.''

''You had me at 'Hello', then you opened up your mouth.''

''And that is when it started going south, Oh.''

John was struggling to contain his laughter, but if he wanted to stay hidden he had to contain it.

''Get your hands off my hips.''

''Before I punch you in the lips.''

''Stop your staring at my.. Hey!''

''Take a hint, take a hint.''

''No you can't buy me a drink, let me tell you what I think, I think you could use a mint.''

''Take a hint, take a hint, t-take hint, take a hint.''

''I guess you still don't get it so let's take it from the top.''

''You asked me what my sign is and I told you it was stop.''

''And if I had a dime from every name you just dropped.''

''You'd be here and I'd be on a yacht, Oh!''

John had to put a hand over his mouth to muffle his giggles, this was beginning to be too much to handle.

''Get your hands off my hips, before I punch you in the lips, stop your staring at my.. Hey!''

''Take a hint, take a hint.''

''No you can't buy me a drink, let me tell you what I think, I think you could use a mint.''

''Take a hint, take a hint, t-take a hint, take a hint.''

''What about 'No' don't you get? So go and tell your friends, I'm not really interested.''

''It's about time you're leavin', I'm gonna count to three and open my eyes and you'll be gone.''

''(One) Get your hands off my.. (Two) Or I'll punch you in the.. (Three) Stop your staring at my.. Hey!''

''Take a hint, take a hint.''

''I am not your messing link, let me tell you what I think, I think you could use a mint.''

''Take a hint, take a hint, take a hint, take a hint, Woah.''

[A/N yes putting the whole lyrics in is necessary]

''Get your hands off my hips, before I punch you in the lips, stop your staring at my, Hey!''

''Take a hint, take a hint, t-take a hint, take a hint.''

Sherlock sighed heavily after the song ended. He was smiling too. John opened the door completely, giggling. ''That was.. entertaining.'' He said, Sherlock's face couldn't be more red, as John walked over to him still smiling. Sherlock looked down at his feet. 

''Hey, don't be embarrassed. You're a great singer.'' John said, still smiling.

''You really think so?''

''Of course I do.''

Sherlock smiled wide, raising his gaze to John's eyes. 

''By the way, why did you reject all of those guys?'' John asked, rather confused. Sherlock looked back down at his feet. Apparently his face could be more red.

''Well.... because....''

''I love you, and only you.''