Lullaby

[A/N Heyaa! I actually had to do some research for this one(which I often don't do)because I had no idea what sleep deprivation is. So the lullaby song is for later in the story ;3 it'll be cute I promise, but you probably already guessed it, if you haven't then I won't spoil it. So this was a request by AwenosAbyss, congrats I'm filling your requests, it was kinda difficult to try and fit some Johnlock into this, but you'll see I figured something out. :3]

John's sleep deprivation was getting more worse every week or so. He had been waking up in very early in the morning, and not being able to fall asleep again. Sherlock barely slept himself, but that was his own choice. 

This particular morning he woke up at 2:45 in the morning. He tried his best to fall back asleep though he knew it wouldn't happen. So he just gave up and got out of bed, put on his bathrobe and walked downstairs. He made himself tea and sat down in his chair with a book.

He felt another headache coming up so he got some pain medication and sat back down. Thankfully, the headache wasn't that bad because of the medicine. 

Couple of hours went by before Sherlock woke up. He walked into the kitchen to make coffee, while doing that, he asked:

''How long have you been awake?'' With a sleepy voice.

''Couple of hours.'' John said, sighing. Sherlock nodded, he was getting worried about John. Sherlock walked to the window and picked up his violin, he had an idea. He started to play a soft tune, pretending to be thinking about something. 

After a while, he heard John yawn. He continued playing, while slowly turning around. It had worked, John fell asleep. Sherlock smiled, success. He stopped playing and quietly went back to his chair, entering his mind palace.

[A/N that was cute, wasn't it not? :3]

-Time skip-

They were now at a crime scene, by the Thames. John had only managed to sleep another two hours, he was having another headache, he had taken a pain medicine but it didn't seem to be working. 

He was trying to focus on the case, but it was difficult with the headache. ''John? You okay?'' Sherlock asked.

''Yeah, just a headache.'' John answered. Sherlock slowly nodded, turning back to the crime scene. John was starting to feel dizzy, when everything went black.

He woke up in a hospital, Sherlock sitting next to him. ''What happened?'', John muttered.

''You passed out. It must be from the lack of sleep.'' Sherlock replied. John sighed. ''Can we go home? I wanna go home.'' He asked, ''How are you feeling?'' Sherlock asked, ''Fine I guess, a bit hungry.'' he replied. A nurse came to check up on John, and Sherlock asked him if John could go home today, the nurse nodded, ''Yeah if he's feeling alright.''

-Time skip- [A/N because]

John was laying in his bed, it was only 10 o'clock pm but there was nothing else to do.  He was rolling around trying to fall asleep but failing. He ended up just staring at the ceiling. Then he heard a knock on his door, ''Yes?'', he said, Sherlock opened the door.

''I thought I'd try to help you sleep.'', Sherlock said, smiling.

''How?'', John asked. Sherlock rose his phone, which had a lullaby song ready.

''Seriously? I'm a grow man.'', John said, chuckling.

''It helped you this morning.'', Sherlock stated. John rolled his eyes. ''That was you playing the violin, not a music video from YouTube.'', John muttered. ''I could sing it, this is an instrumental version.'', Sherlock said, smirking. 

''Okay, try.'' John said. Sherlock smiled, walked over to John, sitting down onto his bed, and pressed play.

''Hush little baby don't say a word, mama's gonna buy you a mocking bird.''

''And if that mocking bird won't sing, mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring.''

Sherlock's singing voice was amazing, John already felt sleepy.

''And if that diamond ring turns brass, mama's gonna buy you a looking glass.''

''And if that looking glass gets broke, mama's gonna buy you a billy goat.''

John closed his eyes and smiled, Sherlock was smiling too.

''And if that billy goat won't pull, mama's gonna buy you a cart and bull.''

''And if that cart and bull turn over, mama's gonna buy you a dog named Rover.''

''And if that dog named Rover won't bark, mama's gonna buy you a horse and cart.''

John was in the verge of falling asleep.

''And if that horse and cart fall down, you'll still be the sweetest little baby in town.'' Sherlock smiled as he saw John was asleep. 'Still works' he whispered. He placed a quick kiss onto John's forehead and headed back down to his own room.

That was the most sleep John had in a long time.

[A/N Honestly this left me smiling :). Hope you liked it! <3]