The Bodom lake

[A/N So, I had the inspiration to write something scary now so I decided to write this, lemme explain: So the Bodom lake is a lake here in Finland, in Espoo. In the year 1960 there was a homicide at the lake. Four teenagers were camping there, three of them were murdered, one survived to tell the tale. The murderer was never captured, or officially identified, this is a true story, you can google it if you like. I recommend you listen to the music above to get into the mood. Now, I'm going to try and make this scary, but if you are very very very sensitive to scary stuff, maybe skip this. Oh and this will be a bit longer than usual. :)]

Even though the homicide happened at 1960, Sherlock was still interested. The next thing they knew, they were on a plane to Finland. Sherlock was going to try and get all the information about the case from a website called Murha.info [it's a real website, 'murha' is 'murder' in finnish.]

[A/N we speak english guys, you should know that, I'm finnish lmao]

Sherlock opened his laptop and opened the website, ''I heard of this website, it has many unsolved murder cases from Finland.'' Sherlock explained, while John leant over to see the laptop screen. ''Including..'' Sherlock continued, opening the right case, ''...the Bodom lake murders.'' He said.

''So what are we going to do?'' John asked.

''We're going to go to the lake, and put up a camp.''

''What are you expecting to find? It was 58 years ago.'' John said, with an amused smile.

''With this information, I can at least try.'' Sherlock said. ''The killer is already dead, there's nothing to do.''

''How would you know?'' Sherlock asked.

''58 years.'' John said.

Sherlock turned to look out of the window of the plane, not saying anything after that. 

-Time skip-

They had bought some supplies for camping, and were now on a train station. They had to take a train to Espoo and then a taxi to go to a walking distance from the lake. They bought some food from the cafeteria at the station, just before their train arrived. 

It was a long journey, but eventually they made it to Espoo and got a taxi. ''Minnes matka?'' The taxi driver asked, clearly oblivious to the fact that John and Sherlock do not speak finnish.

''English please.'' Sherlock said. The driver nodded and changed languages.

''Where to?'' He asked. ''Is the Bodom lake far?''

''Hold on..'' The driver said and put 'Bodom lake' to the GPS.

''No it's not that far. 7,3 kilometers.''

''Somewhere walking distance from there, please.'' Sherlock said. The driver nodded and begun to drive.

-Time skip-

[A/N We're gonna get to the scary stuff soon don't worry]

They had reached their destination. They were now walking through the woods, heading to the lake, it was already sunset. John was beginning to feel uneasy. ''Scared?'' Sherlock asked teasingly, ''No, of course not. Why would I be? It happened 58 years ago..'' John said, looking around, they were all alone, least John hoped so.

''It's a natural reaction to be scared, John. Thinking about what happened here a long ago, and now, going to camp in here, just like those youngsters, it's coming dark and all that. It's a natural reaction.'' Sherlock said, trying to make John feel better. 

They settled near the water, next to the treeline. They put up a the tent, it was getting darker by minutes, and John was getting more scared. He knew nothing would happen, there was nothing to be scared of, but something made him scared, but he didn't know what.

When they had climbed inside the tent, Sherlock started doing research on the case, when he took a look at John who was staring intently at the entrance of the tent, his knees to his chest. Sherlock stared John for a while, John was clearly scared. 

''John.'' Sherlock said softly, John turned his head to face Sherlock, ''There's nothing to be scared of, it's okay.'' He said quietly while scooting closer to John. He put his arm around John's shoulders in an attempt to comfort him, John froze at first but then leaned to Sherlock. He started running his fingers through John's hair, and John sighed in relaxation.

Sherlock continued to stroke John's hair comfortingly while doing research on the case. John was reading the text on the laptop screen as well. They had translated it in english, so they could understand. John looked at Sherlock for a while before speaking.

''Sherlock, I-'' John stopped, immediately going back on edge.

''What is it?'' Sherlock asked. John was staring straight forwards, though, he was actually staring at the tent wall because it was blocking the view, but Sherlock knew something was wrong. 

''I heard something.'' John whispered. Sherlock slowly got out of the tent with a flashlight, now scared for John's safety. He scanned the treeline with the flashlight, nothing. Maybe it was just an animal. Sherlock, now on edge himself, went back to the tent, shaking his head at John. He zipped the zipper shut and sat back down. 

He had just gotten back onto his laptop, when he heard footsteps, human footsteps. He shut his laptop and looked at John, bringing a finger to his lips to tell him to stay quiet. He took his gun and flashlight, ''If I wont comeback in ten minutes, call the cops.'' He whispered to John, he nodded. With that, Sherlock left the tent.

John was just sitting there, terrified, checking the clock on his phone every minute. 

Sherlock was walking in the woods, not far from the tent. He was walking back to the tent, when everything went dark, he didn't pass out, something was blocking his view, a bag, a plastic black garbage bag. It was beginning to be difficult to breathe, he kicked the person behind him with his heel, but, he didn't hit anything, it was just empty air behind him. Then, who was holding the bag? He managed to wriggle out of the bag, and when he did he looked back and there was no one, the bag fell on the ground. 

Sherlock ran back to the tent. John was just about to call the cops, when Sherlock burst into the tent, gasping for air, with a horrified face.

''What happened?'' John asked, concern filling him.

''Someone.... no... something.... tried to... kill..me..''' He said between breaths. 

''Who?'' John asked.

''I.. I don't know... there was... no one.. holding the.... bag that they tried to kill me with..'' Sherlock said. John froze. 

''A-a ghost?'' John asked, voice barely above a whisper.

To be continued...

[A/N LOL Making a sequel to this :D, it was getting kinda long, so I decided 'FUCK IT! I'll make a sequel~']