Chapter 16: Crazy Little Thing Called Love

A/N: Hi readers!!! I would like to thank everyone who gave me ideas! They really helped. If you feel I haven't used them I most likely will use them in the future. I decided to dedicate this chapter to Michael'sgirlfriend for her extradanary ideas!! They were really well thought out and really helped. Thanks again! Well I hope you all enjoy the chapter!

Dinner at Mom's on Sunday was a liberating and painful experience. I felt free finally telling Michael how I felt and letting go of the past.  But it was also painful. It was slightly painful seeing his somber reaction but nothing was more painful than hearing him say that he wouldn't leave Brooke for me. I did good job of hiding my emotions but truth be told, I was torn. Michael had never truly wanted me. He was just pulling me along all these years and like an idiot I'd let him. But now I had someone who wanted me and that was all that really mattered.

I rummaged through my closet looking for the perfect pair of shoes for tonight. It was Friday and Jacob and I were going out again. I couldn't decide on whether or not I wanted to go for a strappy heel or a pair of pumps. Jake had yet to tell me where we were actually going so maybe I should just wear flats? Decisions, decisions. In the middle of my fashion crisis, there was a knock on my door. Gosh, I never seem to be ready when he comes!

It had to be Jacob at the door. Harry never knocked, he had a key and always came crashing through the door. He had soccer practice this afternoon but it should been over by now. I began to worry. Maybe his bus was running late? I shook the negative thoughts out of my head as I went into the living room. I swung open the door and was greeted with the handsome face of my boyfriend. "Hey, beautiful!" He greeted me stepping over the threshold. He leaned down and placed a gentle kiss upon my lips.  I was really enjoying being kissed and caressed on the regular. That was certainly something I hadn't had in a long time.

I breathed in his cologne and pulled apart. "Hey yourself. You smell nice." I replied smoothly shutting the door behind him. "Thanks. You're not ready, are you?" He asked making himself comfortable on the couch. We've only been dating for a little over a month and Jacob already knows me well. I blushed. "Actually I was just picking out my shoes. But Harry's not home yet and I want to wait on him." I replied taking a seat next to him. Jake put one of his long arms around me. There was a comfortable silence between us until he spoke. "Harry's dad, does he ever see him?" Jake asked. The fact that Jacob took interest in Harry made me very happy.

I sighed. "No. I haven't the slightest idea where he is today. I assume he left New York. I mean, the city's big but I'm sure I would've ran into him at some point after all these years. Harry knows of his father but he doesn't know him. He was only two when he left. I doubt he remembers anything about him." I replied.  "He doesn't ask questions?" Jacob asked. I shook my head. "When he was really little and he noticed that his peers had fathers and he didn't he would. I just told him that his Daddy went on a trip and never came back. It seemed to satisfy his curiosity and he never brought it up again. I was so angry at his father that I didn't want Harry to know anything about him. Shortly after he left I went and changed Harry's last name to mine. It sounds kind of selfish but I don't really want Harry to know his Dad. I'm afraid if Harry does, he'll leave me to experience life with him." I confessed softly.

Jacob pulls me closer to him. " Erin, you're a great Mother and Harry loves you. I highly doubt he'd ever leave you." He assured me. "Really?' I asked my face lighting up. Jake smiled. "Really." He replied. I smiled as Jacob leaned into to kiss me. Gosh, he does such a good job of making me happy. 

At the drop of a dime that simple kiss had turned into a heated make out session but it was short lived by Harry crashing in through the door. Jacob and I quickly pulled apart incredibly embarrassed. "Harry!' I shouted with what little breath I could muster. Harry stood frozen at the door in his damp soccer jersey, his soccer bag thrown a few feet away from him. 'Mom." He replied simply. "How's it's going Harry?" Jake asked. "Fine." Harry replied nonchalantly. I rose from my spot the couch and wrapped my arms around my son who seemed to grow taller every day. "I was worried about you Haz. How was practice?" I asked hoping to start conversation. Harry seemed to be upset or disturbed something but I couldn't seem to put my finger on it.

"It was fine Mom." He replied. "Is everything alright?" I asked. "Yeah, I don't need to beat up anyone for you, do I?" Jacob asked playfully. A slight smile swept across Harry's face. "No. I'm just tired. I'm taking a shower and going to bed. Have a goodnight guys." He replied exhaustedly as he slumped off to his bedroom. The door shut with a satisfying slam. I looked at Jacob and shrugged. "Hormones?" He suggested. "I guess. So are you going to give me any idea of where we're going tonight?"  I asked. Jake grinned and shook his head. "Nope. You just have to wait and see. Now, personally I have a foot fetish but I think you'll have to put on some shoes before we can go." He replied with that charm of his. I chuckled ,picking up a stray pillow from the chair and throwing it at him.

"You're a dork!" I shouted whilst walking to my bedroom.

                                                                          ********

"This is the most spectacular view Jake!" I exclaimed in amazement as I stared up at the stars and down at the sea. The ocean waves crashed against the tall sturdy lighthouse. Jacob had rented out a lighthouse in Rock Island. I was glad I's chosen to wear flats tonight. The walk to the top of the lighthouse was long and steep. This was by far the most romantic and unique date I'd ever been on.

"I take it you love it?" Jake asked coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist. "I do. It's absolutely perfect." I replied. "Not nearly as perfect as you." He replied smoothly. I giggled softly. "Please. I've heard that one before. I'm far from perfect." I replied. "I know. That's what I love about you." Jacob replied. I froze. Did he just say the "L" word?

"You-you love me?" I stuttered, turning to face him. He smiled. "I do. I'm sorry if it seems too soon but that just how I feel. I've felt this way for a while now and I thought tonight would be the perfect time to let you know. I know you've probably been told this before but I promise I won't be like the other guys. I don't intend to bail out on you. I want to be by your side though everything." I could feel tears pooling in my eyes. This was overwhelming in a positive way. This certainly  wasn't the first time I had heard these words but it was the first time I felt like there could be some truth behind them.

"I'm sorry Erin, I didn't mean to upset you." Jake spoke noticing the tears in my eyes. I smiled shaking my head. "I'm not crying because I'm upset. I'm crying because I'm happy. I love you too Jacob." He smiled, wiping away some of my tears before pulling me into his warm embrace. I could just stay like that forever. I'd been afraid of falling in love again for years but the right guy had come along and taken my guard down.