Chapter 19: A Day In The Life

A/N: I'm back with another chapter! I worked really hard on it. It's my longest one yet! I hope you enjoy! The future of Michael and Erin is very uncertain so you all will jusst have to wait to see what will happen with them. I'm glad you all are enjoying this story!!

Michael

It was funny seeing Erin at the grocery store the other day. That’s about the second time I’ve run into her while she was out in public with Jude, that stupid boyfriend of hers. His whole existence pisses me off. His voice, that stupid smirk that’s always on his face. Why’d she have to bring him along with her? Couldn’t she just shop by herself? What annoyed me the most is how they acted like a married couple or as if they lived together. Do they live together? There was so much that I was dying to know about their relationship. Despite what Erin believes, I do care about her and it was important that she was being treated properly. And as much as I hate to admit it I had my own selfish reasoning. I know for sure that Erin wasn’t going to reveal any information and there’s no way in hell I’d waste my time talking to Jessie. That meant there was only one other person left.

Harry.

One thing I knew from working with children the majority of my life is that kids are honest. Whatever I wanted to know, I was certain that Harry would tell me. I just had to get him in the right place at the right time.

It had been awhile since I’d been to Erin’s apartment. In fact the last time was after she’d blown up on me the day Brooke decided to have a family get together. She wasn’t happy to see me then and I wasn’t sure if she’d be now. Erin’s reactions towards me lately had been unpredictable. I’d expected her to be impressed or maybe even happy that I’d told Mom about the divorce. Erin wasn’t the least bit phased. She was just worried about her eggs and that dick of a boyfriend of hers. Why was it so hard to win her back??

After a short elevator ride up to her floor, I had finally reached Erin’s door. I drew in a nervous breath before knocking on the door. I could hear light laughter inside. It sounded like Erin’s. I bet the bastard is probably in there cracking corny jokes. I remember when Erin used to laugh at my corny jokes. About a minute later the door opened and Erin’s beautiful face appeared.

“Michael?” She asked tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear. She was dressed plainly in a lose fitting blouse and a pair of jeans. She still looked amazing.“ Hi!” I exclaimed. Erin seemed surprised to see me. “Hey. What brings you here? Is everything okay?” She asked her eyebrows furrowing as she folded her arms across her chest. “Everything’s fine. May I come in?” I asked. A slight smile swept across Erin’s lips. “Sure.” She replied. I was surprised she was being so nice to me. I’d gotten used to her yelling at me and being mad. 

“Funny seeing you twice in one week.” Erin spoke closing the door behind her. “Yeah, funny.” I replied looking around the apartment to see if there was any sign of that stupid boyfriend of hers. It seemed that after everything that happened between us lately that we didn’t have much to talk about anymore. It sucks being in the friend zone.

“So what is it Michael?” Erin asked. She always seems to know when I’m up to something. “Well, I just thought I’d swing by and spend some quality time with my nephew. As you already know, I suck at sports and thought Harry could teach me a thing or two about soccer.” I replied. That was my plan. Create a bonding moment and then flood in the questions. Erin’s eyebrow’s rose. “That seems nice. Jacob, Harry and I all had plans to do something together tonight but if he wants to go with you that’s fine. HAZ!!” She shouted. I assumed Harry was somewhere around the apartment. A few minutes later Harry emerged standing next to his mother. He looked up at me and smiled. “Hey Uncle Michael.” He greeted me. “Hey buddy.” I replied with a smile. “You’re Uncle wants to know if you’d be willing to teach him a few of your soccer secrets.” Erin tells her son. He nods. “Sure! I’ll go get my soccer ball!” Harry exclaims running off to his room. Excellent.