Chapter 9

A/N: This is the edited version of Chapter 22 and 23.

...

I have to say, my school has terrible security. For one, Noah and I broke in through an open window. Thankfully, I could steal back the tape just as easily as last time. As an added bonus, I didn't even get detention in the end. I wanted to smack myself for being so stupid. How could I forget that there was a video camera? Whatever. It didn't matter anyways because my principal was never going to find out. And I probably would never have this problem again, mostly due to the fact that my situation with my boyfriend is currently unknown.

"Did you get it?" Rachel hissed as we scrambled out of the building. I had the tape tucked neatly away at the bottom of my bag.

"I got it," I laughed and we both let out a sigh of relief. "So now that we've covered all of my problems, it's your turn."

"What? I don't have any problems," Rachel gasped. I held the door open for her as we made our way over to her car. We had figured out a pretty good routine. We took turns driving each other to school, hung out when I didn't have practice and planned out a schedule for when we went to visit Lee. Rachel didn't want to go as often as I did, but she wanted to try to be friends with Lee again. I could tell that both of them just wanted to forget that this ever happened, but for some reason Lee wouldn't budge. And I wasn't going to let Rachel be the one to apologize.

"How's Lee?" I grinned. She glared at me.

"Okay, maybe I have like one problem. But we're talking again. It's a start," she insisted.

"Do you want me to talk to him?" I asked.

"I don't know Elle..." she started, sounding unsure, "You guys just started talking again. I don't want to mess up your guys' relationship because he thinks you're trying to meddle or something."

"I know Lee. He's over his temper tantrum. I think it would be good for him to have something steady in his life again. He doesn't realize it, but if things with his dad get worse, he's gunna need you," I told her. She gave me a sad smile. It sucked to not be able to be with the person that you love. Or to not know if they even loved you. Lee broke up with Rachel before either of them even had the chance to say the three words.

"So what do you think is going to happen with Noah?" she asked, steering the conversation back to me.

"I honestly have no idea. He said he's going to love me no matter what I decide, he just wants to stay out of my way. Maybe he's trying to make me pissed at him, so that I don't want to pick a school anywhere near him," I added. I was confused about Noah, but I was also thankful that he was giving me some space. It gave me time to figure stuff out with Lee, finalize my plans for Trinity.

"Do you have any plans for spring break?" she asked.

"Well I was going to ask my dad if Lee and I could go out to Harvard, visit Noah. But now I guess that's probably not such a good idea," I replied sadly. Rachel took my hand as she pulled into Lee's driveway.

"I know this is hard right now, but you're Elle and Noah. I don't think there's much you can't get through," she reassured. I gave her a grateful smile as I got out of her car. Even if Rachel wasn't completely sure about it, I needed to have a good talk with Lee.

~~~

I took an energy drink from my bag and practically inhaled it while I waited for Lee to come downstairs.

"Since when do you drink those?" he asked with a sour look on his face. Lee had always disapproved of energy drinks. Ever since Noah brought one home, left it in the fridge and Lee had mistaken it for soda.