Chapter 6 (The truth about everything)

The next morning was very exciting, it was the day of the international dragon race competition, were 12 dragons from 12 countries can participate.

"This is the first race I see in person, the rest I've seen them on TV." Said Henry.

"This is our first one." Said Kiah and I.

"So who is the champion, there's always a champion in racing competitions." I said.

"Well there is one and he has been the champion for 12 years, Ethen Anderson, he's the fourth American dragon.." Replied Henry

"He is some man." Said Kiah

"Yeah, I wish I could be like him, or at least participate on the race."

"Then get yo booty on the field and be a man!" Responded Kiah

Kiah smacked Henry right on the field; the race narrator recognized him and said with a shouting voice: "Canadian dragon on the field!" Henry couldn't do anything than participate because the race had just begun. All of the competitors transformed and launched away at the speed of a plain, including Henry he was a very good flyer. While the race was going on I talked to Kiah about how she told her parents that she wasn't human.; she said that time and coincidence will say it all because parents no matter what they always find out. The race was going perfectly; Henry was beginning to get to hire places, at the first hour and a half Henry was in fourth place just behind the champ and the two bullies of the bathroom.

 Every time Henry tried to pass them he always got kicked smacked, burned, or knockout, the race was about to end, Henry was almost by passing the first bully, but then a huge red and white figure passed over the competitors. It suddenly began snatching them of the race, one was taken, then two, then three, and finally four, it flew away at a tremendous speed and disappeared threw the rocks. Everyone began to panic and ran to their cabins and rooms. When the race finished Henry ended up at third place and the camp at first, the temple guards arrived to the area but it was too late, four dragons have been kipped aped, the Egyptian dragon, the Greek, the Australian, the Spanish, and the first bully. Then Mrs. Helen came flying out of nowhere and told us to return to our rooms immediately and stay there, that was quite a shock.

We three went back to our room, Kiah subentry began to cry in the corner, we tried to get to her but she just screamed at us to go away. We went out of our room and Helen was just waiting for us outside, she told us that we must come with her to the main dragon hall a private place only for the highest class of dragons. We entered into the hall and sat on some huge red couches, and she took out a huge book that she was all around the place.

"Listen you two, I'm sorry for everything that happened in the race, and there might have been a couple of details I forgot to tell you about our existence." Said Helen

"And are those tings tragic or is it something that is going to help me win the race." Said Henry

"Knock it off, this is serious." I replied

"Yes this is very serious matter, so pay attention. There are always a threat out there, in this world or in the human world, so after this conversation I want you two to learn about why we have this palace and why we should live in it, and finally don't talk to Kiah about any of this. Not so long ago began one of the worst and cruellest periods of our existence, it all began with this new student that we received, she was the first Swiss dragon , but the only thing out of the usual was that she wasn't a dragon at all, she was a Wyvern. Wyverns are another root to the dragon species, the only thing different is that their wings are connected to their arms and they are not that strong or powerful.

 This girl was amazing, she was excellent in all of our classes she followed every rule and she was successful in every practice, she was technically my favourite student in that time. She had this great relationships with the teachers, but not so much with the other students, everyone considered inferior and weak; that didn't hold her down, she continued being excellent in every up to the point of even becoming in reality more superior than any of the two dragon species, Asian and European. She was better in every way, she was very smart, fast, swift, and dangerous, practically unstoppable, but that didn't last long after the incident that she had the next week. She might be unstoppable when she's alert but when she's not she is very vulnerable, at night a couple of students kipped napped her and tied her mouth, arms, and legs.

 She was carried very far away of the camp to a lake called the Lake of Mist, because at night it is almost impossible to find, the students threw her on the middle of the lake were she sank to the bottom; the next morning Councillor Maulrau sensed a disturbance in the area until he cleared his mind very well that he saw everything that happened, he summoned the students that performed the action, the students told him that they wanted to see if she was as powerful as everyone said, for that she had to break free. For punished the Councillor took their dragon powers forever, they were left only with their human bodies. That same day in the afternoon the student managed to escape from the lake, she arrived to the temple and went to the room were all the guilty ones were siting, she was very wounded, it was possible that the students bullied her in their way to the lake.

 When she entered the room she killed all the students and slashed them into pieces, I tried to stop her but she was too powerful despite her size, I was got very hurt and I fell to the grown waiting for her to finish me, but she didn't. That was the moment when I heard her say "I will not rest, every single of you pathetic inferior creatures is vanquished over the face of the earth, you all think that you have power, I'll show you power in my second returned." That night changed her completely, she began to search of resources power including dark magic that changed her appearance and personality, her mind became twisted and the only thing that she thinks of today is of full dragon extinction."

"What's her name again?" Said Henry

"Lucy Aeron, but she's also known as the Lacemaker" Replied Helen

"And what does all of this have to do with us"

"I wanted to get to that; normally she comes out for something of great interest, and at night when she sees well."

"And what did she want, some hot racers to accompany her."
"Not exactly, I made my research and this is where you come in David, I've been studding the reasons up to why you got your dragon powers. And the answer is very simple, is because someone gave them to you."

"I don't get it" I said

"Dragon powers can be passed down through generation, or given by drinking the blood of another. And what I last recall, you said at your first school that you swallowed something soupy of the sky, which is an exact description of dragon blood."

"So from whom I drank?"

"That's what in trying to find out, because that must have been the reason why she came here, she could smell you and thought you were in the race, everything makes sense now. Go back to your rooms' we'll talk later."

We both returned to our rooms and found Kiah with a terrified face; she didn't move nor reacted when we entered into the room. We walked closer to talk to her and she still didn't react, her face was pale and when I hold her hand it was freezing.

"Is everything ok, are you going to say something because you're freaking me out." Said Henry

"Shut up you're not helping, Kiah tell us what's wrong" I said with soft voice

"The Lacemaker is the reason I'm here, why I have no were else to go, why I have no Family." Said Kiah with very soft voice

"I'm out; I don't have the guts to talk about this." Said Henry

"Yea I think you should do that, Kiah whatever you need, were both here and were not going to anything happen to you." I said