15. Zamasu x depressed! reader

Requested by @katlynm18

Zamasu met a special girl while visiting a planet. He was ordered by Gowasu to explore the planet and observe and interact with the other mortals, however, his efforts were futile He walked around the grass field to have some peace and quiet after seeing the true nature of mortals, specifically humans. Disgusting and violent, he thought. They lust for war and destruction as their pleasure derived from the pain of others, how could a god make a mistake and create such a mistake?

  He thought about it for a while until a singing voice from a distance snapped him back to reality. Zamasu leered sideways and saw a silhouette under a blossom tree on a mini hill. So that's where the singing is from. Curious, Zamasu tiptoed slowly his way to the hill.
                          ...

(This scene was inspired by this video.)

    (Y/N) looked at the painting of her father. Just seeing him brings back so many memories. Him and her telling stories to each other. Them comforting each other when they are feeling down. Her father hugging her as her eyes became full of tears.

He gave her a gentle smiled and said, "Don't worry little one, I'll  come back, I promise,"

But he didn't kept his promise, he lied to her. The only thing that came back to her was a letter of condolence to her and family declaring that he was dead and a painting of him and a red scarf. Her father was sure they were going to win so he bought her a red scarf as a gift for when he comes back home. He also sent a painting of him to her so she wouldn't feel so lonely without him.

  (Y/N) hugged the picture as tears fell from her eyes.
"Happy Birthday Father,"

"If only I could have helped you,"

She began to sing.

Leaves from the Vines

Falling so Slow

Like tiny, fragile shells

Drifting in the foam

Little solider boy

Comes marching home

Brave solider boy,
Comes marching home

(Y/N) covered her mouth as she sobbed quietly. She continued to grief until she saw someone's shadow.

"Why are you crying mortal?" The shadow knelt down beside her.

She turned to the side and saw a green man with white hair and staring at her with his piercing grey eyes.

She quivered as she spoke, "M-my father went to the w-war and h-he never came back,"

His eyes softened for a second then it hardened, "Why did this war started?"

"Our enemies wanted to take over our land to expand their territories and my people, my father fought to defend their land,"

He sneered, "Was there death in vain human?"

She nodded,"I think so. I mean we are losing this war,"

Zamasu sneered again, just as he thought, humans are truly the most disgusting creatures.

(Y/N) pulled her scarf up to her nose to and let out a muffled sob.

He clicked his tongue, "Crying isn't going to do anything mortal,"