Chapter Two - The Breakdown

June 1, 2013

It had been days since she last spoke to her parents. Seventeen-year-old Judy Grey was suffering both socially and mentally. Her strange behavior in school had got all the teachers and not to mention; the headmaster worried. He had a meeting with Julie and Henry Grey, asking them what was wrong and to talk about their daughter's sudden change. Julie and Henry, kept everything a secret of course, and pretended to not know about JG's new behavior. Phillip Morra, the headmaster, recommended them to talk to her daughter and see what the problem is. He also offered his help to the couple. "If you need any help, please let me know. I'll have our student counselor, who's also Judy's English teacher here, Ms. Hastings speak to her." He pointed at a pretty lady sitting next to him with black hair tied up in a bun. It looked to the Grey couple as if everyone had noticed the behavioral differences occurring to their daughter, and they found it quite depressing. Technically, everyone found it rather unpleasant.

"Tomorrow's your birthday! Lighten up, please!" Ida begged her best friend to at least give her a smile as they walked to class. It was true. June 2nd was JG's birthday and the young lady was soon going to be eighteen. She felt herself breaking down inside, but she decided to lock it away, just for Ida as that girl was begging like crazy. So she forced her little lips into a cute smile as Ida's eyes sparkled with excitement. "Hey, HEY YOU'RE SMILING!" She screamed, pointing at JG's lips. Surely she had not seen the girl she loved most in the world smile in a long time. "Smile a bit more. Like, give me a huge smile. A really big one." She now begged for a bigger smile. JG let out a sigh and closed her eyes for a second. Then she opened them and gave Ida the biggest smile she had ever seen on JG's face. With all of her teeth showing, JG's smile was beautiful. "Wow!" Ida exclaimed. "Your smile is flawless! Seriously, you should smile more often. Looks really good on you." By the looks of it, Ida was trying her level best to make JG crack up into a wave of laughter. She was dying to hear that gorgeous voice and loud but amazing laugh again. Ida kept on looking at her best friend with the stupidest grin spreading across her face. Her eyes opened so wide, that they seemed like they might fall off of her eye sockets any minute now. The dumb look on Ida's face actually did make JG crack into a laugh. Not a big, loud one. A little but cute laugh. Ida looked at JG as she realized how much she had missed that laugh. Although it came out small and tiny, she had missed that smile she had on her face at that very moment. JG, on the other hand, was doing everything she can just for Ida. Deep down inside, she was crying and screaming. It felt like she was slowly dying.

"Hey babe!" Niall jumped in front of them out of nowhere. JG groaned. Not this idiot to ruin my mood even more. "What do you want, Niall?" JG frowned. "Nothing from you. Just a little kiss from my girl here." He bent down and gave Ida a kiss on her lips as she smiled and blushed a little. JG rolled her eyes. She did not like the guy at all and watching him play around her best friend like that got her ears steaming with anger. Ida was an intelligent girl but when it came to Niall, she went completely dumb. "Hey, didn't I see you hugging Chelsea Hyland last Thursday?" JG asked him. He gave her a nasty smile. "Nah, couldn't have been me. I was at football practice. I told you, didn't I baby?" He smiled at Ida and kissed her again. Then he walked away, giving JG a little wink. "Dude, why do you even like that guy?" She asked Ida whilst getting into the classroom. "Why do you not like him?" Ida asked. "Can't you see he's fooling you? He's playing you like a puppet on a string, and you're being an idiot." JG put her books down on the table and sat on her seat. "Hey, I know he has a lot of reasons that make you hate him, but when he's nice, he's a very nice person. And deep down, he really loves me, okay? So. Just give him a chance." Ida smiled and sat on her seat too. JG still disliked him. She knew something bad would happen in the future if it went on and Ida would probably get her heart broken by him, so she had to look out for her. Although she had her own problems to deal with.