Chapter One - A Clandestine

You know those girls at school who are like, really perfect and everyone's eyes are always on that specific girl? Yeah those popular ones who live a so-called royal life whatsoever, with no worries at all? Those girls who are flawless at wearing make-up, have a good body shape, are usually cheerleaders and also pretty good at studying? Get straight A's and although they do not like being called "the teacher's pet", they still happen to be liked by everyone at school including the headmaster? Those girls whose lives are just naturally perfect and are born perfect? Yeah. That is exactly how Judy Grey's life was at the beginning. She was always at the top, in everything. Mostly known by her nickname 'JG', Judy was adored by all. Despite the fact that she was the only child of Julie and Henry Grey, she never really felt lonely, or ever had to feel sad about not having siblings. Why? Well, mainly because she was the most popular girl at school and had a countless number of friends. Although it's actually just all thanks to her best friend Ida Frey, who was more than JG's best friend, but also her long-lost twin. They told people that they were sisters by heart. The girls hung out all the time at each other's homes and were most absolutely the same. They thought alike, they spoke alike and they had the same talents as well. Singing, dancing and joking around were just what the girls loved to do. Their parents treated them as if they were born together. They were one, and nothing was going to separate them.

With her big, green eyes and curly, hazel-brown hair that were up to her shoulders, she looked nothing like her mom or even her dad. Both her parents had straight, black hair and while Julie had brown eyes, her husband had a deep chocolate. She resembled none of them, though that never really bothered her. The flawless girl from Barbados had smooth, brown skin and was gorgeous. Whilst people believed her to be an extraordinary Barbadian beauty, her parents thought of her as a treasure they will cherish forever.

May 21, 2013

A bright Tuesday morning. JG sat at her desk in English class, the third desk from the middle row. She sat behind Ida, sketching something down on a piece of paper. Ida had spun around to talk to her best friend, since the teacher had not yet come. She kept on talking, although JG did not seem to listen. She was too focused on sketching. She was not paying any attention to Ida, who was very busy talking to her. "I think Nick stole it from me. He loves stealing my stuff you know. Yup. That's it. I know who stole my nail polish JG. It's Nick." She said, flipping her blonde hair onto her left shoulder. "Uh, JG?" She finally noticed that her best friend had not spoken since she arrived to school and had been pretty quiet on the way too. "You okay?" She waved her hand across JG's face, trying to get her attention, but it was of no use. JG had her eyes focused on the sheet of paper that was on her desk. The sheet of paper on which she was sketching something. "JG, come on. Talk!" Ida tried, but nothing seemed to get her best friend's attention. As a matter of fact, JG was looking pretty worried. As if she was... frightened. "Dude. You're freaking me out." Ida whispered. Then she spun around in surprise as their English teacher entered the class.

"Grey!" She called. "Grey!" Louder this time. No response. It seemed like JG was lost in her own thoughts. She had not stopped sketching. The English teacher had asked her a question and she did not seem to have heard it. Or any other calls, either. She had a worried look on her face. "JG!" Ida called as well. "Judy!" Ms. Hastings walked up to her and took the sheet of paper out of her hands. This finally brought JG back to Earth. She looked up at the teacher with bulging eyes and an open mouth. She was in shock. The whole room grew silent. All she could hear was the sound of her own heart beating. She could not breathe for a while. She struggled for air. The teacher snapped her fingers across her face as she suddenly gasped a huge ball of air in and blinked. With wrinkles on her forehead, she looked up at her teacher, once again. She held the sheet of paper in one hand as she looked at JG, confused. Judy then looked all around the classroom. At every one of her friends who had confused looks on their faces, not knowing what was going on. Especially Ida, who looked sickly worried. "Are you okay, Judy?" Her teacher asked, finally realizing that something was wrong. JG was still breathing hard. She kept on looking all around as the room spun in front of her eyes. She felt heavily dizzy as she started to sweat and suffocate. Ida heard her breathing hard as she shook her head and closed her eyes. Everything started to faint in Judy's mind. Everything started to blur away. Then she fell with a loud bump onto the classroom floor.