15

the waiting room of the hospital was silent apart from the regular breaths of daniel who was sleeping with his head against seongwoo's shoulder and the sound of yeonwoo tapping her nails on the back of her phone as she waited.

it had been a few hours since they followed the ambulance from the dance studio. seongwoo was the first one to see the doctor heading towards them. he nudged yeonwoo and daniel, who woke up with a start. the three of them got to their feet and bowed at the doctor.

"is he okay? how is he doing?" yeonwoo asked even before the doctor had come to a stop in front of them.

"has your friend had an injury in his leg prior to this?" this question recieved a nod from yeonwoo and the others.

"the injury he faced this time around is quite severe and from what we think, he will not be able to dance again, which is what i assume he was doing when the accident occurred."

"oh no..." daniel said, his forehead wrinkled in concern for kenta.

"can we see him?" seongwoo asked, putting an arm around yeonwoo's shoulders to steady her.

"family only, we're very sorry." the doctor said.

"but kenta has no family here. he only has us. i don't want him to be alone." yeonwoo protested.

"we have contacted his mother and she is flying in from japan. your friend won't be alone. you can come back tomorrow. visiting hours start at 1pm." the doctor bowed slightly before turning around and walking back to where he had come from.

"do you want us to stay over?" seongwoo asked yeonwoo, who nodded.

---

the night passed quickly and pretty soon seongwoo and yeonwoo were eating breakfast together in her living room. daniel had left first because he had dance training.

"how are you feeling?" seongwoo asked, eyeing her as she chewed on her sandwich.

"fine. kenta will be fine and everything will go back to normal. it's all fine." she said, words tumbling out of her mouth faster than she intended them to.

"don't worry about kenta. the only think you should be worried about is meeting his mother later." seongwoo grinned at her. yeonwoo's eyes widened.

"oh! i forgot about that, now i'm nervous!" yeonwoo pushed seongwoo causing him to nearly fall off the couch.

"oops." seongwoo said laughing as he watched her being worried.

---

later at 1pm, the pair went back to the hospital. they were allowed to visit kenta.

as they were opening the door of the room, they came face to face with an older lady who gave them a kind smile.

"oh- kenta's mother?" yeonwoo said, speaking in english which she wasn't very good at. kenta's mother said something in japanese that she didn't understand but yeonwoo could swear she heard kenta's name. she patted yeonwoo's shoulder warmly before leaving the room.

yeonwoo and seongwoo blinked at each other for a few seconds before heading into the room to see kenta.

"kenta!" yeonwoo rushed to his side and took his hand in hers. kenta gave them a weak smile as seongwoo closed the door and joined them.

"how are you feeling?" seongwoo asked.

"kind of sad. but better now that yeonwoo is here." kenta and yeonwoo smiled at each other for a few seconds. until seongwoo cleared his throat. "oh, and you too, of course."

"thank you for those kind words. anyway, we're really sorry we made you dance." seongwoo said. yeonwoo nodded.

"no, it's not your fault, you guys. really. was daniel too guilty that he didn't even come visit?" kenta laughed slightly.

"he had dance practice, so you're wrong there. wait, what did your mum say to me earlier?" yeonwoo said, remembering the jumble of japanese words.

"oh, uh. she said. 'you and kenta have a lot to talk about' and we do." kenta said, slowly.

"w-what is it?" yeonwoo said, her voice soft.

"my mum.. she wants me to move back home." kenta said, eyes darting back and forth between seongwoo and yeonwoo and finally landing on yeonwoo.

"but- but you are home." yeonwoo said, her bottom lip jutting out slightly.

"you know what i mean." kenta said, squeezing her hand that he was still holding.

"i'm going to miss you, man. i'll let you two sort things out. i'll be outside." seongwoo said, giving kenta a brief smile before leaving the room quietly.

"before you say anything, i want to try long distance. i know we can do it." kenta said quickly.

"phew, me too." yeonwoo said, letting out a sigh. then she smiled at kenta.

"come sit." kenta patted his side. yeonwoo climbed onto the bed and found herself curling up next to kenta on the small hospital bed.

"i'm going to miss you so much when you leave." yeonwoo whispered.

"i bet i'm going to miss you more though." kenta chuckled.

"don't argue and just go with it." yeonwoo pecked his cheek lightly.

"and yeonwoo, my mum..."

kenta was cut off when the door opened and kenta's mum came back into the room. yeonwoo was so startled she literally jumped off the hospital bed into a chair next to the bed.

"...is coming back in a while. but i guess you know that now." kenta said sheepishly.

his mother laughed awkwardly and said something in japanese. kenta laughed and turned to yeonwoo.

"she said you're pretty. and your face is really red."

///

hello friends i bet y'all know by now that kenta and sanggyun are debuting together aaa jbj never ends !! let's support them and give them all the love !!