17

A YEAR LATER

ongie: where are you?

ongie: YEONWOO

yeonwoo: stop shouting

yeonwoo: im leaving my house soon

ongie: daniel isnt going to be mad if you're late

ongie: but i will be

ongie: it's his debut showcase for goodness sake

ongie: it starts in 20 minutes,  yeonwoo

yeonwoo: i know

yeonwoo: im sorry

yeonwoo: i'll be there as soon as possible

yeonwoo: see u guys soon!!

yeonwoo ended the call and quickly bustled around the room taking the things that she needed.

it was the day of daniel's debut as a soloist. the day had finally come and all of their days spent with him in the dance studio would finally pay off. yeonwoo and seongwoo were so proud of him.

yeonwoo entered the address of the showcase into the uber app and went outside her apartment to wait.

your driver takada kenta will be arriving in 3 minutes.

yeonwoo gasped audibly when she saw the words flash on the screen of her phone. she clicked on the driver's profile to check if she was actually reading the right name there. she was.

"kenta..." she whispered as she looked at his bright face smiling back at her in his uber picture.

soon the car pulled up in front of her. lo and behold, there sat kenta in the drivers seat. his hair was simple honey brown and his smile was as stunning as ever.

yeonwoo stood rooted to the spot as she stared at him, unable to say anything. kenta exited the car and came over to her.

"yeonwoo, i missed you so much." he hugged her as soon as the words left his lips.

"i- when did you get back?" she said, her hands reached for his.

"a couple weeks ago. i graduated. did you changed your number?" kenta asked, recalling the times that he was unable to contact her after he returned to korea.

yeonwoo nodded. "i'll give you my new one."

kenta seemed satisfied with that answer and he led her by the hand to the car.

"how have you been?"

"alright. same old thing with the ongniel couple. oh! today is daniel's debut showcase!" yeonwoo was suddenly brought back to reality when she thought of seongwoo and daniel.

"really? am i invited?" kenta asked.

"of course! wait till i tell seongwoo who i just met." yeonwoo pulled out her phone and dialled seongwoo's number.

"where are you? please tell me you're on the way!" seongwoo said, the moment he answered the phone.

"about that..." yeonwoo trailed off.

"yeonwoo!"

"just listen to me. kenta's back and he's my uber driver." yeonwoo's statement was met by a scream from seongwoo.

"seriously? wait let me tell daniel!" yeonwoo could hear seongwoo mumbling something to daniel. she turned and smiled at kenta who had started driving. "they missed you too." she whispered to him.

"okay, daniel wants both of you here at once! put me on speaker." seongwoo said. yeonwoo complied and pressed the speaker button. "good to have you back, man!"

"hi seongwoo! congratulate daniel for me! we'll be there soon." kenta said. "bye, seongwoo!!" yeonwoo called before hanging up the phone.

"can we take a little detour?" kenta asked.

"yeah, daniel won't mind if we're late. where do you need to stop?" she asked.

"it's a surprise." kenta said.

---

when they arrived, yeonwoo looked knowingly at kenta. the tall tower stood before them. namsan tower.

"i said we would come back, didn't i?" kenta said.

yeonwoo looked at the time and noticed that the showcase had started.

"we'll do a love lock then rush to go see daniel, okay?" she said as she took kenta's hand in hers. kenta nodded.

in the cable car, kenta gripped onto yeonwoo's hand tightly as he stood close to her.

"i got you." yeonwoo whispered as she laced their fingers to steady him even more.

it didnt take long for them to locate and find out where to purchase their locks. kenta grabbed a marker pen and wrote in the lock before handing it to yeonwoo with a smile.

☆KT + YW☆

"i love it. let's go put it up." yeonwoo pulled him to the fence where the love locks were displayed and together they locked it onto the fence. kenta leaned in and gave her a light kiss.

"i missed you." he said for the second time today.

"i missed you too. now let's go." they walked together back to the cable car and then down to the car.

when they arrived at the showcase venue, yeonwoo called seongwoo who came outside to get them in a huff.

"you're late. he's performing now." seongwoo hissed but then his eyes landed on kenta and he reached out to hug him. "do you know how much we missed you! come on." kenta and yeonwoo followed seongwoo into the venue and to their seats.

---

"you did so good!" yeonwoo said as she hugged daniel. daniel grinned as he looked around at his friends.

"thank you for coming! and thank you for coming all the way from japan!" daniel nudged kenta.

"actually im back for good now. so i didnt come from japan.. for you." kenta said awkwardly.

"daniel, don't you know who kenta came to korea for?" seongwoo smirked as he watched yeonwoo's face become a shade of red.

"he's right, you know." kenta said, looking knowingly at yeonwoo.

"today is daniel's day. stop talking about me!" yeonwoo said, laughing.

///

and there it is, the last chapter of mr. taxi. i didnt think anyone was waiting for this but i got a comment asking for an update on the previous chapter ( which i wrote almost a whole year ago!! ) i decided to just go ahead and do it. for anyone who's still reading, thank you! i started this in 2017 and im finally finishing it in 2020, yikes. anyway i hope you liked it! <3

me: "i should update actively on wattpad"
also me: updates once a year