Date Night

It was an hour before Tara's date with Terry at seven, and she was getting ready in the large bathroom. She did her makeup, put on perfume, and finally did her hair (which didn't take much time, her hair was already curly).

"Gaga! I'm ready!"

Tara stood up against the doorframe and posed dramatically.

"Taraaaa!"

Gaga laughed and ran over to Tara.

"Look at you!"

Gaga put her hands on Tara's waist and grinned up at her.

"You look like a million bucks!"

Gaga poked Tara in the chest and blushed.

"Yeah? I didn't think I was as pretty as you today," Tara hugged Gaga and whispered.

"Awe, I know you're lying. Monkey butt."

They both called each other childish names back and forth until they heard a ring at the doorbell.

"Oh, looks like "Runt" is here. You better be good tonight. Understand me?"

Gaga raised her eyebrows and held Tara's hand, not wanting to let her go.

"I promise. If anything goes wrong, I'm a phone call away. Call me if you need me, alright?"

Gaga nodded.

"Same for you Tara."

Gaga's eyes filled with tears, but she forced them to stay in. She really didn't want to risk her best friend's life and she was very sure something bad would happen.

Gaga held Tara's manicured hand in her own and walked her down the stairs, to the door.

Gaga opened it up to Terry, who was holding a bouquet of roses, and was in a tuxedo.

"Tara, you've got a fancy one."

Tara nudged Gaga and blushed.

Terry looked down at Gaga and grinned, not expecting her to be so short.

"Hello, Tara. You ready for dinner?"

Tara nodded, feeling her cheeks go red.

"Of course! You look great Terry."

Gaga noticed the level of awkwardness and decided to add,

"Listen. You heard what I said. No touching my babe, no kissing unless she tells you it's alright, no hugging either. Tara, you're in charge thi-"

Tara threw her hand over Gaga's mouth.

"Says the girl who wrote a song called Girl U-"

Gaga smirked and stamped her foot on the ground.

"IT'S CALLED G.U.Y. TARA. DON'T KILL MY VIBE."

They all three laughed and Terry spoke,

"I'll keep her safe. I promise you."

Gaga looked Terry dead in the eyes, still fighting back tears.

"Please?"

Terry nodded and smiled at Tara.

"Yes, you can hold my hand."

Terry and Tara laughed and joined hands.

"See, the whole night should be like this."

Gaga winked at Tara and watched as she made her way out to his black Ford Escape.

"I've got the tag number just in case."