Just Perfect

They all ate dinner and went off to bed that night. Gaga looked over at Taylor and gave him a wry smile.

"I've got a name for the baby. Can you tell me what you think?"

Taylor nodded and grinned.

"Yeah, sure."

Gaga looked down at her hand to make sure the name was right.

"It's John Joseph Eric," she spoke nervously. Taylor began to laugh quietly.

"What? What's so funny?"

Taylor shook his head and smiled.

"Nothing, it's a great name, baby."

Gaga gave him a stern look.

"Why were you laughing then?"

Taylor began to laugh again. This time, his laughter grew a bit louder.

"Oh, Stef... You know that one song?"

Gaga furrowed her eyebrows and began to grow impatient.

"What song, Taylor?!"

Taylor smiled.

"Well, instead of John Jacob, we can call him John Joseph Jingleheimer Schmidt."

Taylor began to laugh again. Gaga grunted.

"I'm not naming my baby after one of your Boy Scout songs, Taylor. If you don't like it, I'll name him by myself."

Taylor felt bad and quit smiling.

"Babe, I wasn't saying I didn't like it. It was just a funny comment," Taylor failed to explain. Gaga shook her head and took a deep breath.

"Whatever. Goodnight."

Gaga got out of bed and walked down the hallway to the bathroom. She flicked the light on and then she shut the door. She took her hair down from a ponytail and sat on the counter by the sink.

"Who else in the world could we name it after?"

Gaga buried her face in her hands. Soon after she got done thinking of names, she got off of the counter and walked back into the bedroom. Taylor looked over at Gaga when she walked back in.

"Why are you still awake?"

Gaga grunted at Taylor, who was smiling a little.

"It's only been five minutes, honey."

Gaga clenched her fist at her side.

"I've got a better name for it. I'll name him Steven after my uncle, I guess."

Taylor buried his face in the pillow and began to laugh.

"WHAT NOW?"

Taylor shook his head and looked back up at Gaga.

"Listen, Stefani, I'm so sorry. I really am. Steven is a great name," he chuckled.

"Why did you laugh at it? What's so funny? What jolly camper song is called 'Steven'?"

Taylor covered his face with his hands.

"Babe... It's that dog from those memes," he said almost in an apologetic tone. Gaga took a deep breath and closed her eyes tightly.

"You know, that dog... Phteven..."

Gaga opened her eyes and stomped off.

"I CAN'T WORK WITH YOU, CAN I? I TRY TO COME UP WITH A NAME FOR OUR CHILD," Gaga walks back to the door, "AND YOU CAN'T EVEN GET YOUR MIND OFF OF THE INTERNET?"