New Beginnings

Tara, Michael, and Bailey woke up early the next morning. Tara knew that her appointment was that day, so she woke her small family up a bit earlier than usual to make breakfast. They sat down at the table and had chocolate chip pancakes, and then they got ready to leave. Tara wore a royal blue colored dress that had silver sequins in a belt around the waist, and she wore shorts underneath . Bailey insisted that 'Elsa' would be happier if she wore the dress. Tara thought that Bailey's idea was adorable, even if they didn't name the baby Elsa. Michael wore a white and blue striped shirt with denim jeans to match Tara, and Bailey just wore her Frozen pajamas.

As Tara put Bailey's hair up in pigtails, she asked, "What if it's a boy?"

Bailey giggled to herself and thought for a second.

"We'll name him Sven."

Tara laughed.

"You want to name your brother after a moose?"

Bailey face-palmed.

"Sven is obviously a reindeer, silly."

Tara nodded to herself and finished fixing Bailey's hair. They both took a moment to laugh.

"Right, he is."

They finally made it out the door, and then they got into Michael's car.

"So, I was thinking about some names for the baby if it's a boy," Michael said as he pulled out of the parking lot.

"Mike, you don't need to think of names for a boy. The baby will be named Elsa because she is a GIRL."

Bailey giggled and leaned back in her seat.

"No, but seriously."

Tara looked back at Bailey with a small smile on her cheeks.

"Maybe we could name him-," Michael was cut off by Bailey.

"Nutella! After his dad!"

Bailey laughed hysterically, which made Tara laugh a bit as well.

"You're a goof-ball. Maybe we could name him David or something."

Tara and Michael talked all the way to the clinic, and then they rushed inside as soon as they arrived. Just as soon as they had enough time to breathe and settle down, a doctor called them back into a room. Tara sat in a slightly reclined chair facing a monitor. Michael and Bailey sat on the left side of her in black armchairs. The doctor looked through Tara's files, and then she asked Tara a few questions.

"Have you consumed any alcohol lately?"

Tara shook her head proudly.

"Taken any harmful substances recently?"

Tara shook her head again.

"Ever smoked in your life?"

Tara thought about all the times she had for a moment. Would it affect her first child?

"Mrs. Ferrero?"

Tara looked over at the doctor quickly.

"Yeah, I have."

Tara looked over at Michael and Bailey with a frown on her face.

"You're too good for them things anyways."

Bailey gave Tara a hopeful smile and continued to count the snowflakes on her shirt.

Tara finally found out that the doctor's name was Sarah, and Sarah wrote some information down in Tara's files.