The Fault of Our Stars

“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”

-The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I blinked open my eyes and I slowly stretched my arms. Park was softly snoring beside me and I checked my phone to find that it was about nine o’clock. I realized that Jace and Rina were coming back today and I looked down to find myself wearing a tank and undies. I glanced around the room and to Park and realized how this situation looked.

The bed bounced as I jumped next to Park. “Wake up, Parky!” I yelled and he groaned, softly pushing me away. I rolled my eyes and turned on the lights, pulled the curtains to allow some sunlight into the room. Park groaned again and finally opened his eyes. I glanced at him to find him glaring at me.

“Come here, Lia.” Park said, beckoning me towards me.

“Lia?” I said with an arched brow.

“Your nickname which makes sense since your name is Amelia, Lia for short. Luna makes no sense however, it sounds ludicrous.” Park added and I rolled my eyes at him.

“Fine, Lia it is.” I smiled and I snuggled beside him. “If someone entered the room right now, they would probably think that we slept with each other right now.” I added and Park  shrugged.

“Let them think what they want.” Park said and I playfully glared.

“Did you forget that you have a supportive girlfriend that’s coming in a few minutes? Darn, I have to get dressed.” I said, racing out of bed. I headed towards my dorm and changed into a white blouse and a pink skater skirt that cling to my hips. I decided to dress a bit more on the feminine side as a welcome greeting to Rina and Jace.

I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth. I pulled out my phone and texted Jace to pick up breakfast for Park and me. I headed towards Park’s dorm to find him, sitting on his armchair with his IPhone.

“You are addicted to your phone, mister.” I said, swiping his phone away and on the screen was Rina and him texting. But it wasn’t texting, it was more like sexting. I saw disturbing pictures that were going to blind me. “Ew!" I said, tossing the phone at Park.

“What? Sexting an essential part of a healthy relationship.” Park retorted and I was cursed with a mental picture of my best friend’s private parts. My eye glanced down and Park realized what I was staring at. He placed a hand over the area between his legs. “Stop!” He yelled and I looked up, my checks flaming red.

“You mean that sexting is essential in a horny relationship?” I retorted. “When have you been doing it the whole time?” I asked and realized that throughout our adventure, Park was sending nudes to Rina. I had to admit that I was sad, sure I texted Jace, but occasionally and definitely not what Park and Rina did.

“Just throughout spring break.” Park replied and my heart died a bit. But before I could utter a response, Rina and Jace came in.

“I have breakfast!” Jace sang and he smiled at me. I pecked his cheek and smiled at him.

“Thanks.” I said, beaming at Jace.

“Just a peck, that’s how you properly thank someone?” Jace asked and I playfully rolled my eyes and gave Jace a passionate kiss. Jace and I haven’t officially broken up and come on; I couldn’t deny Jace’s amazing kissing skills. We both stuck together because our best friends were going out and we didn’t want to feel lonely.