The Tragedy Paper

"I had the distinct feeling that the universe was out of whack and normal rules didn't apply. I sort of liked it."

-The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LaBan

I woke up with Jace next to me and a fiery headache in my head. I felt horrible, my head was banging and every single sound, made my head vibrate in pain. I was hungover, something I had never felt before.

Jace stirred awake and he smirked at me. "Looney has a hangover?" Jace asked with his annoying voice and I smacked him in the head, glaring at him. "No way? Is this your first hangover?" Jace asked and I continued to glare at him, but he still could tell that it was indeed my first. "Man, you are just precious." Jace smiled and I rolled my eyes at him.

"I want coffee, cinnamon doughnuts and aspirin or just some stupid thing to get rid of this horrible hangover." I pleaded; my fingers were massaging my throbbing temples.

"Rule number one in curing a hangover, no caffeine and no medication. But the doughnut is okay. I'll be right back, prince charming will fetch you your cure." Jace said, flashing a smile at me and I rolled my eyes, not caring and chugging down water.

After twenty minutes, Jace showed up with a paper bag filled with loads of stuff. "I'm back, where's my kiss?" Jace said and I was lying in his bed, watching television. "Here is what I bought." Jace said, taking some stuff out. "Celery, tomato, vodka which is optional because I've heard virgin bloody marys work as well, but personally, I did the vodka adds a necessary kick to it, just saying. Some seltzer, heard that helps, ginger tea, pickles which the juice is the real remedy and some potatoes and milk. Pick your weapon and choose wisely." Jace said and I stared at him with a stare that pointed out that he was weird.

"I'll take the seltzer which sounds like the only edible thing to eat out of your options." I said and Jace tossed me a seltzer and a handed me a cup of water. I placed the seltzer in and it fizzled quickly. I quickly gulped it down and gosh, it was gross.

"How do you feel, Looney? Better?" Jace asked as he watched me gulp down the whole drink.

"Nah, this didn't work, give me the pickle juice." I said and Jace handed me a cup of pickle juice. "Oh gosh, even the scent is wretched." I said before pinching my nose and gulping the juice quickly.

"Feel better?" Jace asked and I shook my head.

"Hand me the freaking bloody mary, we are going this to kill this bitch." I said with determination and I snatched the cup from Jace who was watching me like I was crazy. I choked it down and gosh, it was gross. I hated tomatoes a lot.

"Gosh, that was disgusting." I said and Jace plopped next to me and gave me a sympathetic smile. "I'm going to barf." I said, running off the bed and into the bathroom. I threw up and then a second time, but after that, I was finished. Jace stood behind me and handed me a water bottle. "Thanks." I said and drinking the water quickly. "I'm good." I said, wiping my mouth and glancing at my soaked clothes which was wet from water because I was chugging that water down.

"Um, do you have any clothes?" I asked and Jace tossed me a button-up shirt which I raised a brow at, but Jace shrugged, claiming that it was laundry day which I highly doubted. And a pair of his boxers which I glared at him, but he shrugged again. I rolled my eyes and slammed the door, changing into the clothes Jace provided me.

I came out and Jace wolf-whistled and I chucked a pillow at his face. "At least, my hangover is gone." I said and Jace was lying on his bed, watching television. I lied next to him and snatched the remote. "What are you watching? Wait, what time is it?" I asked, staring around the dorm for a clock.

"Eight. Breakfast just started." Jace replied.

"Want to skip school together?" I asked and Jace contemplated my offer and nodded after five minutes while I just stared at him. "Okay. So, how about a How I Met Your Mother marathon?" I asked and without even responding Jace popped in How I Met Your Mother, that a boy.