4 - "Warm like the sea in the summer, as cold as winter snow"

I woke up at 10 am as usual, all sticky and sweaty, so I went for a quick shower, leaving Charlie to doze at the foot of my square-and-a-half bed. Dad was at work, mum doing the shopping and Nicholas had gone to try his band in Alberto's garage with Levi, Andrea and Nicolò; many times I also added myself to those five wild and sang as the main voice.

We had played at village parties and we had always liked them all, in fact when someone met us on the street, they usually stopped for a minute to compliment us and ask us when the next show would be.

After refreshing myself with a shower and having a quick breakfast, I decided to investigate the place where I would stay and work for a month. I took the papers that my mother had left on my white wooden desk and I read that it was called Resort Costela, so I looked for it on the internet.

This place was giant and was on the seashore: the thing was beginning to take a positive turn, plus it had a tennis court, a soccer field and a beach volleyball court located on the beach, there was a huge rectangular pool near with the whirlpool on the corner, not to mention the five-star luxury hotel that looked like the palace of Versailles.

This Resort was surrounded by greenery and in the middle there was a small square with a cute white gazebo; "I have to say that my parents have had an eye". I also saw some photos of the staff on the beach that seemed very close: immediately my attention was captured by a girl in a bikini all tattooed and full of piercings with gray hair collected in two space buns.

She smiled happily and held an arm around another girl who looked like one of Victoria's Secret angels, who looked at her laughingly. Near the two girls on the sidelines there was a girl who posed for the photo as if it were a model: he looked like a vain, a raised eyebrow and a mischievous smile.

Well, this kind of girl would definitely get along with Sara and Silvia and I would have avoided her. Behind them there were five boys dressed in paintball suits who were stupid in strange poses and I gave a smile. Suddenly my phone vibrated with the arrival of a message.

It was Levi who said he was going to pick me up tonight to go to the prom, even after charging Ginny. At 20.00 on time. I replied with a quick and concise "ok" and continued to investigate. I searched the Resort for Google Maps and looked around.

He was immersed in the vegetation and the road was five kilometers from there. "How nice, I will not hear the roar of the engines for a month". I also discovered that two kilometers from the Resort there was a horse riding and I lit up.

Surely one day I would go there to find them and maybe I would even ride one. I was already mentally organizing everything but I heard my mother's voice coming from the kitchen. I did not realize that he was already at home, so I closed everything and ran to help her with the shopping, set and ate together.

In the afternoon I took a long nap since I had to spend the evening and maybe even the night with my friends.

******

It was time to get ready: I ​​dressed myself with a blue and blue smokey eyes, mascara and a flesh-colored lipstick. I smoothed my hair almost reaching my navel and made a small braid from behind the right ear that I passed over the head and stopped with a hairpin behind the left ear. The circle effect was what I wanted. I brushed my teeth and put on the dress and shoes.

At about 19.50, I took one of my black clutch, I put the house keys and the phone and then wait for my friend in the living room, where the mother took me some pictures continuing to repeat how beautiful I was.

When Levi rang the bell she ran to open it and dragged him into the house. When he saw me he was stunned for a few seconds, so I called him and told him that if we had not done at least one picture together, Mom would have let us dance at home, on the notes of a Claudio Baglioni that I could not stand.