23// This is all very domesticated

It's getting late and I'm really tired but I'm determined to get this all published today 🤞
Love E x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That first week was surreal for Betty. Every other day she was on the set with the kid, chilling in Tom's trailer with Haz unless Tom wasn't needed and then the three of them would spend hours running around with Nana on the patch of grass that was just behind Downey-town. On Wednesday Claire was around; so two women left the boys to their own devices as they sat and chatted on the sofa that RDJ had moved when he noticed the movement occurring on the grass. Claire was just as normal a person as Betty was; for a while they discussed in hush voices how they had managed to find themselves surrounded by all these extraordinary people.

Claire had grown up in Dublin but had moved to England for Uni; Betty found out that she was actually studying in her 2nd year at Oxford as well and Betty was left speechless. Not because of the calibre of school that Claire attended (because intelligence practically radiated off the younger woman) it was more being in awe of the life she had and the freedom she got- Betty had sort of forgotten what was possible outside of her own world.

"How did you meet Harrison then?" Betty finally asked; they both looked over to see Tom show Ruben how to kick the ball and Harrison then dove out of the way so it would go through the goal.

"He was at a party in my halls about six months ago; he'd gone as this girl's date but he spent most of the evening with me." She rolled her eyes and Betty laughed "Obviously I tried to be distant because I thought it was a one-time thing and out of principle nothing could happen till the girl was over it- we weren't exactly friends but we had to co-exist you know?" Betty just nodded, because she sort of understood but she didn't want to interrupt the flow of the story. "Anyway, I figured he'd give up after a week or so, but then he showed up at another party about a month later; this time the girl who'd been his date before actually gave him my number and I haven't been able to shake him since."

Their knowing laughter made the boys stop playing football and look over at them accusingly- it was like a sixth sense, they knew they were being talked about; their reaction only made Claire and Betty laugh harder.

"This is all very domesticated..." RDJ announced, leaning out one of the windows of his trailer and smirking down on all the children "I hate to ruin the party but the Russos would like the spider and his boyfriend to join the rest of us for a cast announcement." Tom and Harrison moved towards where the sofa and the trailer were, giving each other apprehensive looks. They didn't ever have cast meetings. Tom put Roo down onto his own feet when he reached Betty, who was getting up from her place so Roo and Nana would sit down

"Really, do you know how long it will take?" Tom asked, his eyes settling on Betty, not wanting her to leave yet

"It's going to be a long night," Robert replied honestly, and Tom sighed and snaked his arm around Betty's back pulling her closer to him.

"Sorry love," he mumbled just to her "If I'd have known you'd only get to stay an hour I wouldn't have dragged you out."

"Don't be dim Tom, I'll take any amount of time I can get." She smiled up at him, hugging him back around his waist.

He grinned at her words and pressed a sweet kiss to her lips before she pulled away and clapped her hands together "Come on kiddo, time to go." She announced and Ruben looked up in shock horror

"We only just got here..." he whined, sliding his small person body off the sofa nonetheless and gathering his ball and the dog toys as she laughed.