Chapter 3

Hayato's POV

'It's already dark, why hasn't he replied yet' Hayato was staring from the window from his office, worried to the boy he promised to take care.

He works as a chief of the most skilled police here in the city and what I meant for skilled, the one's with the power to control the nature.

Why am I this worried? This does not really happen? Why now? Maybe because it's his first day of school but that wouldn't be a serious issue for me to go there immediately like he's being attacked by a pack of lions.

My anxiety is getting stronger since the day he was experimented. The cries, the begging, his voice of innocence yelling for help and all I did was watch as another body was transferred to him, a demon. That was a day of regret even since the beginning I worked for that damn professor but I owe him my life.

Just like Makoto, I am alone when I was found by him. Ripped clothes, dirty shorts, bare foot, greasy face and just living under the bridge in a box with my best friend, a dog. Ruben found me the way I found Makoto, just the same as I treated him something, everything the same because I trusted his words, those things that was stuck in my mind 'give more to those who needs, they'll give back even when you don't need'.

Maybe not all can stick to the promise, I gave myself for the old man and that made him corrupt because I had a potential for his own desires. Those going from dimensions to dimensions, killing countless creatures just for him, yet I don't know who in the end I would support. Myself? Or the one who gave me the chance to live?

I opened the T.V. to check the news and something caught up my nerves already as I saw what was on the news. 'Explosion beside the minimart near street 14 just occurred, 4 are recently reported injured. 1 suspect is caught from the drones and 1 victim is still on contact with the suspect, police are still on the way'

My eyes widened of fear as I saw Makoto frozen still in front of this criminal, I can't breathe well, and my heart is beating so fast, I could hear it like horses being chased from a canyon.

I found myself in the middle of the dark again; I felt like I was chained in the middle of somewhere until someone came to my office, everything came back to normal as I heard the door opened. "Chief we have heard of the recent report from the city, we should act now" it was one of my recruits.

"Immediately gather troops from base 1 (water skilled police) and have them signed in for the problem, take the aircrafts for travel I'll back you up I just need to call someone" I claimed, and my recruit nodded and took the leave.

'Ichiro, maybe it's time for you to meet him once again'

***

Makoto's POV

Why am I not running? I can't feel my legs; I'm frozen here just starring at this devil from the flames. Am I going to die here? I could hear the police already from the distance but it's not scaring this guy, maybe since he's covered his self with this bandages and has this winter coat cloak with him. Shit, this is a very bad night for me; I am all alone here with him all I can do for now is run as fast as I can, hide somewhere and run to the police.

His crimson red eyes feeds off the darkness around me, it's scaring me so bad I'm already shaking.

"Hey, you're on my way idiot" his voice is still young, a teen just like me, how can a teen creates such explosion like this? I knew he was a gifted one, because it was just bushes from the corner the explosion appeared, he must be using a fire element but which one?

There are five types of fire element that can be used by the blessed. The normal one or the red flame, a fire just like from the candles or stoves. The blue flame, a supernatural kind, a fire that's cold and freezing yet it's burning of pain. Green flame, for those who works with witchcraft or wizardry, a flame that can poison the air once smoked with. The yellow flame, just the same for wizardry but this is common and used by healers, a flame from where the opposite of pain is present and the most strongest and the rarest of them all is the black flame, can cause havoc and has the possibility to control all the flames with the exception of green.