Chapter 8.

A/N: So sorry for the long wait guys! Life & my chronic illnes were a bitch these past few weeks.. BUT, I finally managed to finish this chapter (big big thanks to my amazing beta's!) and I really hope you like it. More Dramione next chapter, I promise :)

Beta Love: TheLastLynx & Mandi762

The following morning Hermione arrived at the Black Repair Shop early. It wasn't even eight yet, but she needed to talk to Sirius before she would bury herself in their finances again. Last night had been amazing. She and Draco had talked till midnight, discussing how they could make a possible relationship work. The first thing Hermione needed to do before she could commit to Draco would be talking to Sirius. She had to understand why he held such a grudge against both the Slytherins as well as Draco. She deep down hoped that he would approve of the relationship, but also knew that it was most likely far fetched. He was a good friend and confidant and she valued his opinions.

The second step would be: more dates. They needed to get to know each other, a good feeling wasn't enough for Hermione. She needed to be able to trust him if she would fully commit to him. Opening your heart is a scary thing, and she wasn't planning on letting anyone crush it if she could help it. She also wasn't about to step into a relationship blindly, she just met the man for God's sake. It was a miracle they were already talking and thinking about serious stuff like this. For years Hermione hadn't felt a thing when a man had looked at her, or touched her. And now, she felt more than she had ever imagined.

It didn't take her long to find Sirius. The raven-haired man was working on a big red motorcycle in the shop, Padfoot at his feet. The dog wagged his tail when he saw her entering, alarming his master of her presence.

'Good morning, Kitten,' Sirius greeted her.

'Morning Sirius,' Hermione bent down to scratch Padfoot behind his ear. 'How's he doing?'

He smiled and patted his dog's head. 'He will be okay. The vet told me he'll make a full recovery, so that's good.'

Padfoot had a big bandage around his midriff, and two big hairless spots on his front legs. It looked pretty serious, but the dog licked Hermione's hand, and kept wagging his tail, assuring her, he was, indeed, fine.

Hermione bit her lip, she dreaded the conversation they were about to have. For a second she was tempted to continue to chat about Padfoot, but then again she really should just get this over with.

'Sirius?'

The man looked up from his work, and raised his browns in question.

'Yes, Kitten?'

'Can I talk to you about something?'

Sirius sighed, and put down his tools. He cleaned his hands with an already filthy looking cloth, and turned around to look at her.

'I was wondering why you came in so early. Is this about the young man you left with last night?'

Hermione blinked. She didn't expect him to be quite so observant.

'Don't look so surprised, Kitten. I'm not stupid; I've known you for years, and believe it or not, but I can read you like a book. I already suspected your secret admirer was Draco Malfoy, and when I saw you on the back of his bike last night I knew I was right. I've been expecting you to come and ask questions, you wouldn't be you if you didn't,' he said, and the corners of his mouth turned upwards into a grin.

Hermione looked down at her hands before speaking.

'I just... I need some answers from you. I need to understand what you have against them, against him.'