Chapter 9.

A/N: Thank you so much for the love on the last chapter! You guys are amazing! xx

Beta Love: TheLastLynx on FFN

--

Hermione had met up with her best friend in the Potter's garden to catch up. Ginny wanted to know all about her date with Draco. When Hermione told her about her conversation with Sirius the redhead's mouth dropped open.

'I can't believe you've never heard of The Marauders before, have you been living under a rock?' Ginny asked in disbelief.

Hermione frowned. Apparently, that was the case. Usually it was Hermione who was the one to know about everything that happened, and not the other way around.

'So, you also know who was a member of The Marauders?' Hermione asked carefully. She wasn't about to spill James Potter's secret, if he wished to keep it from his son and daughter in law.

'I know dad was,' Harry's voice spoke behind them.

Hermione froze. She hadn't realised her other best friend was within ear reach. Harry walked up to them, his father following close behind and the two Potters sat down next to the girls.

'It's no secret, Hermione,' James said kindly. 'My family knows of my past, and I'm actually quite proud of it as well. The Marauders weren't infamous for their bad actions like the Slytherins. We actually tried to do good, and most importantly, we protected those we loved from the snakes. Or, we tried to.'

His expression got sad, and Hermione was almost certain the man was thinking about Marlene. She wanted to say something, but Harry beat her to it.

'If it weren't for you guys, more people could have gotten hurt, Dad,' he patted his father on the shoulder with a small smile, before turning to Hermione. 'Is it true that your dating Malfoy?'

Hermione blinked, and slowly nodded

'Yes, I guess so. Why?'

She narrowed her eyes at her friend. He wasn't about to say she shouldn't, was he? Harry chuckled when he saw her expression and reached out to grab her hand.

'Don't worry, Mione. I just wanted to say: be careful. All I want is for you to be happy, and if Malfoy is part of that, then I'm okay with that.'

James nodded in agreement.

'Sirius told me about your chat. Draco is a good lad, all of the younger generation of Slytherin are raised differently than their parents. The gang changed a lot since the accident, and though they are not innocent, they aren't villains either. All I'm asking of you Hermione, is to come to any of us if he or any of the others tries to hurts you, or if you think something is wrong. We might not be The Marauders anymore, but we do still protect our own. And you are family, Hermione,' James said, looking serious.

Hermione smiled at them. The Potters really were like family, and she loved every one of them very much. She was glad they weren't lecturing her or trying to change her mind about Draco, just because he was a Slytherin. No, they were willing to give him a chance for her sake. And she really appreciated that.

'So, will you bring blondie as your date to my game on Saturday?' Ginny asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

'I, err, I don't know yet,' Hermione stuttered.

She hadn't really thought of it yet. And hadn't Luna told Theo he wasn't allowed to join them? She had said something about spending time with her friends, but maybe the blonde girl had said so because Hermione was the only one without a date to bring. She decided she would talk to Luna about it. She was sure the boys would prefer that in any case. Theo hadn't looked very happy when Luna denied him to come, and she was now almost sure it was because he wanted to be there to protect her. If she had learned anything about biker gangs, it's that they felt very protective of the ones they cared about.