Chapter 1

"The world changed when Superman flew across the sky. And it changed again when he didn't. And that is why I'm here." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~NARRATOR'S POV~

It was the midst of the night when a black car pulled up to the restaurant. There, Director of ARGUS, Amanda Waller stepped out of the car. Walking to the sidewalk, she notices a man selling Superman t-shirts. "Remember." He says, holding it up. She simply smiles at him and enters the building.

The middle-aged woman took a seat with Dexter Tolliver and Admiral Olsen. 

"Hello Amanda." The admiral greeted her. "We lose a national hero but you sit there looking like the cat that ate the canary."

"I've eaten a lot of canaries." She half-smiled. "It's taken some work. But I finally have them. The worst of the worst."

Reaching into her bag, Amanda pulls out a binder labeled TOP SECRET on the bottom and top, placing it on the table. "There are rumors, Amanda... that some of them have abilities."

"The rumors are right." She admitted. "You know what a problem with a metahuman is? The human part. We got lucky with Superman. He shared our values. The next Superman might not." She quoted, cutting into her steak.

The admiral stared at her as he rose his food to his mouth. "You're playing with fire, Amanda." He warned.

She picked up her glass of wine, "I'm fighting fire with fire." 

"You are not going to pitch us that Task Force X project of yours again, are you?" Admiral Olsen asked.

"Yes But this time, you're gonna listen." She opened the binder. "Floyd Lawton, AKA Deadshot...

 He is the most wanted hitman in the world

 He is the most wanted hitman in the world...Let's say he has an elite clientele. But everyone has a weakness, and a weakness can be leveraged. His is an 11-year-old honor student in Gotham City. His daughter. So we watched her and waited."

"And you caught him?" The Admiral asked, sounding a bit shocked.

"Not me. I just gave an anonymous tip to the right man in Gotham City. So now we have the man who never misses."

"Where'd you put him?" Admiral Olsen wondered aloud.

"Let's just say I put him in a hole and threw away the hole." Then she flipped to the next chapter. "Harley Quinn...

 "Harley Quinn