Chapter 10

WARNING: SHORT CHAPTER

----------------------------------------------------------------

From the first step he took into the cubicle room, Wade sensed something was off. The place was not only clear but quiet... too quiet. Not to mention, barely anything in the room was damaged. It had to be a trap, it just had to.

Apparently, Flag knew it too. Because he signaled his men to halt. "I don't like this, Flag." Deadshot voiced his opinion.

"I don't like it either." Flag agreed. 

Everyone started looking around the room for any signs of danger. But from what Wade could see there wasn't any yet. Just to be safe, he reached into his suit and put on his mask. Harley watched him do so, wearing a smirk. "Pussy." 

"Whore." Wade spat back.

"Jackass." 

"Party clown."

"Ball-sucker."

"Butt-kisser."

They went back and forth until Deadshot called them out. "I will knock your asses out. I do not care who started it." He threatened them as if they were children.

All of a sudden, an inhuman buzzing noise could be heard above them, and one by one monsters began coming out of the ceiling. This time, they somehow managed to acquire guns and were firing them rapidly. Wade had to dive behind a cubicle in order to avoid getting shot.

He got his gun and checked the ammo bar. "Seven? Are you kidding me?" He groaned. Wade peeked around the corner and shot a monster's knee. Unable to stand, it crumbled to the floor. "Now it's even!" He put three in each gun and left his hiding spot to join the fight. 

Wade spun around like a ballerina and shot monsters at the same time. He was able to kill three more monsters, missing the fourth and almost hitting Deadshot. "Watch it, Wade!" He shouted at him.

Wade heard screaming, and turned to Harley. But she appeared to be safe. If anything, the monsters needed protection from her.

"They're after Flag again!" Sure enough, Deadshot was right. The monsters were once again trying to take Flag.

"Wow! These guys hate him more than we do." Wade chuckled to himself.

The whole squad - minus Diablo - ran to his aid, each taking out a monster. "Circle up! Circle around him!" Deadshot commanded. They did as they were told, with Wade getting into a fighting stance next to Harley.

"Lemme fight!" Flag tried to escape the circle. 

Deadshot held him still. "You die, we die." 

"Anyone else feel like we're doing this cheesy hero pose for nothing?" Wade commented when no monsters approached them.

When the all the monsters were annihilated, Flag told everyone to move out. They all came around to a balcony and the bullets went flying. Wade fired at a monster but ultimately ended up getting fired at. He yelped and ducked for cover, putting his back to the glass railing.

Deadshot was trying to get a rise out of El Diablo. "Where you been, homie?"

"This ain't my fight!" El Diablo told him.

"You don't stand for shit! You ain't about shit!"

"Um, guys. Not a good time." Wade advised, taking a breath as he took off his mask.

But they ignored him and continued bickering until finally Diablo snapped. He pushed Deadshot out of the way and raised his hands at the monsters. A surge of fire blew from his hands like flamethrowers, roasting not only the monsters but the balconies they stood on. 

Wade looked at Diablo with wide eyes. "Zombie Boy's back from the dead." 

"I was just trying to get you there." Deadshot explained to Diablo. "Phil Jackson. We good right?"

Harley jumped onto Diablo's back and kissed his cheek. "I knew you'd pull through." 

When Harley got off him, Diablo looked at Wade. "I'm not kissing you, man." Wade told him.

Deadshot chuckled. "That's shit crazy." From that point on, Wade would never look at Diablo the same again.

---------------------------------------------------------

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER. BUT FOR THE REST OF THE DAY I'M GONNA BE PRETTY BUSY. ANOTHER UPDATE WILL BE AVAILABLE ON SATURDAY. AND I HAVE A SPECIAL SURPRISE FOR ALL MY READERS AT THE END OF THIS STORY! YOU GUYS ARE GONNA LOVE IT! BE BACK SOON, BYE!