Chapter I

Third Person:

"Breaking news, several board members on the Schnee Dust Company were held hostage on a train bound for Vacuo south of Vale by terrorists earlier today. The terrorists were demanding over one-hundred million in Lien and that Jacque Schnee bring the money himself or they would start executing one board member per hour. Several witnesses said they saw a man climb to the top of train and started to gun down the terrorists from the top of the train from the back to the front in attempt to save the members. Police are giving no comments to who the man was, but some of the board members recall him using a pair of old revolvers. The investigation is..." Ozpin sat in his office looking at his computer watching the news pinching the bridge of his nose before Qrow and Glynda walked in. "Hey Oz what's happening?" Qrow asked before taking a drink from his flask. Glynda walked to Ozpin's side rolling her eyes at Qrow antics before looking at the computer. "Weren't we called to handle that?" Glynda asked Ozpin. "We were, but we didn't get there in time as you can see." He mentions pointing to the picture taken of the man standing on top the train firing through the roof at a unsuspecting terrorist. "How did he get there before us?" "I asked the officer in charge there myself. They don't even know where he came from, all they saw was a man walking on top of the train shooting at the White Fang soldiers below him on the outside and inside before jumping down between the passenger car and storage car going in." Glynda looked at Ozpin who looked at Qrow. "Didn't the news say he used an old pair of revolvers Oz?" Ozpin looked up at Qrow. "Yes they did." He asked. Qrow said nothing, instead he took a bigger swig from his flask looking like he seen a ghost. "Weelll?" Glynda said with a stern look. "He's not someone you want to cross Ozpin. Every criminal he's come across he'll kill them without second thought from here to Vacuo." "That's a load of-" Ozpin stood up and stopped Glynda from finishing her comment. "Is he the last gunfighter Qrow?" Rather than answering he just nodded off to Ozpin before turning around towards the elevator. "Where are you going!?" Glynda harshly asked Qrow. "Back to my original mission Glynda, I'm not going after him." Getting in the elevator Qrow pressed button before the doors closed. "This man can't be that terrifying can he?" Glynda asked Ozpin. "Glynda, these gunfighters you think are pushovers. Are some of the most notorious men in Remnant. Innocent or guilty, they would shoot you in a game of pride, or wanted dead or alive." "So is he a wanted man himself?" She asked. "No, not him. He kills criminals like us hunters killing grimm. He sees one, he kills them." "Shouldn't the police or-or Atlas deal with-" "Not quite. He's collecting a reward from the council for every criminal he kills or turn in. Unless he kills an innocent civilian or rightful lawman, he's never gonna be hunted." Glynda's expression didn't surprise Ozpin. Before she would excuse herself Ozpin spoke up once more, "Not that any of them would go after him." Glynda turned around shocked at what he said. "Why wouldn't they go after him?" "He's killed over hundreds of criminals, somewhere between two-hundred to three-hundred. Most of time he was against all odds, outnumbered ten-to-one. Even one's with better weaponry. He would walk away with a few blood splatters but no severe injury." She had no comment to that information except one question, "What should I...we do if anyone of us run into him?" Ozpin looked at Glynda with a stoic expression before sipping his coffee and said, "Don't engage him no matter what."

Ruby's POV:

I was going into a dust shop downtown called From Dust Till Dawn, they had some new magazines on weapons that I couldn't pass up. I walked in passing some shelves as the old man behind the counter saw me but ignored me seeing how I'm not causing any trouble. I picked up the first magazine I saw before several other people walked into the store several minutes after me.

Gunfighter's POV:

Two in the back, seven towards the middle, five near the front, and three holding the poor saps in the fifth passenger car. White Fang members have a higher price...eight-thousand and five-hundred Lien for their lives. After the train fight this morning, I best stay low for a while till everyone forgets it. Riding into town wasn't much of a hassle since I usually go off the main roads on horseback. JC never fails to stay on top of things, getting me where I need to go without getting spotted at night. Not many people out tonight, a map would be nice. I have no damn idea where the hell anything is in this city. As I turn JC and I down the road I saw a shop with the lights still on. Finally, maybe I can get some directions towards the council's hall. As we got close I saw several armed men wearing masks waltzing into the store. Goddamnit! Can't I ever have some peace for once!? Striding up to the shop's side away from the glass, I dismounted JC and tied him to a piece of pipe the curved out of the wall. As I walked up to the window only to met with several guys getting their asses handed to them by a little girl wield..a big scythe. What the hell did I stumble into!?

Ruby's POV:

After finishing the last thug I turned to face Torchwick. "Well Red I can say it's been an eventful evening." He raised his cane at me with a sight appearing from the bottom showing his cane to be a gun of sorts. "And as much as I would love to stick around. I'm afraid this is where we-" Before Roman could finish what he was going to say. What sounded like thunder turned out to be a loud gunshot hitting Roman's cane cutting it in half. We both turned looked to our side to see who fired that shot. A tall man standing higher than Roman was looking at us with shadows covering his face from the worn down hat on his head. His right hand held a smoking revolver pointing at Roman as his left upholstered another one identical to it. "Who the hell are you!?" No words were said, only cocking his other revolver aiming it at him as well. "Dead or alive?" Was all he said. Before I could ask my own question, Roman took out a dust crystal and threw it at my feet causing an explosion throwing me back. I covered my ears as I looked up and saw Roman dodging narrowly avoiding another bullet from the man on top of the ladder on the building's side. Picking up my weapon, I ran after him to the top of the building only to see him pull away in a bullhead. As he left, he threw another crystal at me holding a handgun now. Before I could react some woman landed in front of me and shielded me from the blast with a...a crop rider?