Rain Will Make The Flowers Grow

A knock on the door awakes Yao. He tries to get up, but to no avail.

"Yao-Nii, you can't get up."

"Why, aru...? What's happening...?"

"Yao, you have to trust us."

Yao looks around, seeing all his siblings surrounding him. This wasn't his bedroom...why was he in the living room? Why did his arms ache?

"I came as soon as I could!"

A faint voice comes from the front door.

"Come in, please. It would be better if you were with him."

Yao tries to move his arms, only for them to he held down by Li Xiao. "Don't move your arms."

"I...I don't understand..."

"Yao!"

Yao turns to the voice, his vision blurry, but he can make out the silhouette of the tall, platinum blonde man. He kneels next to Yao.

"Yao-Yao, are you alright!?"

"Vanya?"

"Are you alright!?"

The Russian places his hand on Yao's cheek, letting the Asian nuzzle it slightly.

"What happened...?"

"He...he doesn't remember?" Ivan turns to Yao's siblings.

"Vanya, what happened...?"

"You..." Ivan looks back to Yao, tears pricking at his eyes. "You tried to kill yourself, Yao..."

What? He tried to kill himself? Wouldn't he remember?

"They found you in your room with cuts all over your arms, Yao. You were bleeding heavily, it was a miracle you even survived..." Ivan explains, tears dripping down his face. "I came as soon as I could..."

"Ivan...why?"

"Haven't I told you time and time again, Yao!?" He cries. "I love you!"

"I...I don't understand why, aru..."

The room goes silent, leaving Yao staring into the tear filled violet orbs of the other.

"If I could explain, I would, trust me..." Ivan sighs, keeping close to Yao.

"All the way from Russia, aru?"

"DAMN-"

"Aiyah, shut up, Yong Soo!"

"Da...for you..."

Yao wants to hugs Ivan, but he knows he can't move his arms.

"I...I got your letter, Yao-Yao..."

"Oh...? You did?"

"Yes...ya tozhe tebya lyublyu..." He whispers, resting his forehead against Yao's. "You have never failed me...you never could..."

Yao shakes slightly, closing his eyes. "I have...I wasn't strong enough, aru...You told me to be strong, I couldn't."

"Podsolnukh, I won't expect you to be fine after less than a month. This is something that won't go away heal quickly, I know that." He grips Yao's hand. "I will give you all the time you need, I will be here for you through anything, I promise you..."

"I don't want plastic promises, Vanya..."

"I know, Yao-Yao, that's why I am only speaking the truth."

Yao's eyes mist. "You...Ivan..."

Whatever Yao was going to say was never finished. Ivan softly presses his lips against Yao's, making the Asian flinch slightly. Yet he makes no move to stop it. He...he wanted this.