1

A/N-

This book was the first book I officially wrote. There are some spelling errors, and the tense is in the process of being changed.

Apologies for any poor writing or wrong tenses. They will be shortly fixed. All the best -D

This is what Grace looks like for anybody wondering!

You hear many stories of young love. Young love that parents or adults say are fake.But there is one story that parents tell their teenage children as a warning, a challenge and a statement. A story they believe will teach their children that love can be unrequited and things don't last.

So why does the same story drive these 'children' to desire the want, pain, and hurt that come with it?

-

The floorboards creaked beneath my feet, the coldness of them spreading from my toes to my ankles. I wrapped my arms around myself in attempt to gather some warmth from the cold air around me. I didn't turn on any lights in fear that I would wake the night.

"Grace?" Avery sat at the kitchen table with a spotted mug in her hands. Her red nails wrapped around the cup, clinking against it every so often.

"Mum? I thought you were in bed?"

"Couldn't sleep love. You should be in bed yourself, you have a big day tomorrow."

I was then reminded of Sunnyvale. It was a centre I had been going to since I was 8 years old. It was a support centre for 'troubled teens with mental illnesses'. Or at least that's what it says on the wall. But  I was going back for the first time in months, my mother believed it would benefit me. I disagreed.

"Don't remind me please. I don't think I want to go back," I complained, filling a glass with water, before I took a sip.

Avery shook her head and placed the cup down on the table in front of her.

"Grace, it's about time you left the house. It's been months."

Caving in, I sighed, knowing there was no other options for me to take. It would make my mother happy and that's what I really cared about. For as long as I could remember it had just been the two of us. My dad was in the picture- don't get me wrong. I guess he just didn't stay long enough for me to remember it all.

I sighed, my mind being brought back to Sunnyvale.

"I'll go, but if I decide I can't do it, I'm leaving."

"As long as you're happy love, that's all that matters."

" As long as you're happy," I repeated.

I kissed my mothers cheek before placing the glass in the sink by were I stood.

"Night mum."

"It's mother."
I rolled my eyes before walking up the stairs. 

Yet Grace wasn't ready for the whirlwind that was Harry Styles to hit her.

-

A/N- This is REALLY short. It's a tiny introduction chapter, but I promise chapters do grow- some even to 70 pages. So stick around!- D