31

-
Harry's P.O.V
I unlocked the door, and allowed Grace to walk in first.
Throughout the whole drive here, I'd been sneaking glimpses at her.
We had only been apart for a few hours, but the fear I had felt when I thought something had happened, was something I didn't think I could feel like that.

Over the time I had known her, and really understood her, everything had just felt so easy to me. I was coasting with everything.

I hadn't felt so vulnerable in myself compared to the way I had felt tonight when I saw her for the first time.

Of course I wanted to know what had happened to her, but I didn't want to push it.

"Hey," she smiled, as she came out of my bathroom, a towel draped over her body.
I smiled back, and outstretched my arms, inviting her to climb into them.

I could see droplets of water along her collarbones, and freckles lined her shoulders.

"You're so beautiful Grace," I said, kissing her shoulder and she laughed lightly, burying her face into my neck.

"You don't have to pity me with compliments," she said, a grin still on her face.
I scoffed and shushed her.

"Im gonna shove a movie on, do you feel like anything in particular?" I asked, and she shook her head, before biting down on her lip.

"I wanna watch something lighthearted."

I nodded, and switched the tv to Netflix. I placed the remote control down beside me, and Grace stood up from her place on the bed.

"I'm gonna get changed first. Choose something good."
I watched as she walked away from me, and into the bathroom, clothes in her arms.

I flicked through Netflix, unsure of what to put on. I decided to put on Sing Street. Grace had told me about the movie countless times, and I'd never ended up watching it.

She walked back into the room, a few minutes later, with just a tank top and her underwear on.

Her hair was still wrapped in a towel, and a small smile was on her face. I stared at her, my mouth probably wide open.
"Come on. I picked Sing Street," I ushered her over to the bed and she smiled fully. I was glad she was feeling better compared to the way she had been before.
I was trying my best to keep her mind away from what had happened tonight.

"Do you want some food? I was gonna order some pizza?" I asked, and she nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeah. I might call my mum and see if she's okay first," she said, and she stood up from the bed, and walked out of the bedroom.

-
Grace's P.O.V

I quickly dialled her number, and pressed the phone to my ear. It rang out, and no answer came through.
I called one more time. I didn't have a plan on what I was supposed to say. I just wanted her to know I was okay. If she even cared.

She answered after the third ring,

"Grace. Hello."
She sounded out of breath.

"Mother? I was just calling to say I was staying out for the night."

"Staying out? With.. with who?"
She struggled to collect her breath, and it was evident.

"Peter, you know Peter from Sunnyvale."

"Oh. That's nice, I have to go," she cut me short, a voice speaking in the background.

"Are you with somebody right now?" I asked, disbelief in my voice. She was still trying to calm down her breathing as she frantically said no.

"No of course not. I'm on a business meeting darling. I have to go."
She hung up, before I could chime in.

I walked into Harry's room, a shocked look on my face.

He sat on the bed, in his grey shorts.
"What? What did she say?"
I walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"I hope I'm wrong. But I am positive I've just interrupted my mother having sex."

"Sex? Like ? Avery? actually having sex?" He let out a loud laugh at my horrified expression.

"Yes! I just called her and she seems pretty out of breath!" I argued back as Harry laughed over me.

"She's probably just been rushing around, I highly doubt THE Avery Lancaster would have sex."

"How do you think I got here?" I raised my eyebrows and he scrunched up his nose.
"Shut up. Come here,"
He invited me into his arms, and I lay down beside him.

"I'll order soon okay?" He whispered, pressing his lips to my forehead.
I melted under his touch, it instantly relaxing me.

"You're being awfully soft with me tonight," I whisper back, catching his gaze as I look up at him.

"Is that so?" He questions, a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Hmm. You're being incredibly soft actually."
He rolls his eyes, and wraps his arm around me.
"I like being soft with you. You love it," he says, a smirk still on his face.

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes.
I felt him shift under me, his arm linking under my waist.

"You don't have to tell me about what happened tonight until you're okay,alright?" He said, his hand rubbing small circles on my leg.

"Nothing really happened. He grabbed me, a few times."
I mumbled the words, Harry's head turning to look down at me. I didn't look up to meet his eyes.

"I didn't give him what he wanted, so he hit me across the face. But I'm okay I swear."

He twirled a piece of my hair around his finger, the strands twisting around the ends.

"What did he look like?" He asks, his hand still twisting around my hair.

"I don't know. He had a hat on, and the majority of his face was covered by a scarf."

"So you didn't seen anything else?" He asks. I turned to look at him this time.

"He had blue eyes. Dark blue eyes. And he had this look that was just blank. This angry, but blank face."

"I'm sorry he did that to you. I should have been there Grace."
I look up at him, and place my hand on the side of his face.

"It's not your fault. I should have been more careful."
He shakes his head, and places his hand over mine.

"This isn't your fault. He was a dirty creep who couldn't keep himself to himself. I should have been with you. But I will be from now on and I promise, yeah?" He questions, and I nod, leaning up to kiss his lips.

He smiles against my lips, as I run my fingers through his hair.
The kiss was soft and gentle, and his lips moulded against  mine perfectly.

His hand rested on my cheek as we kissed, my hands rested on his chest.

He pulls back, resting his forehead against mine. Soft breaths fell in the small space between us.

"What about that pizza then?" He asks, and I break out into a smile.

"Pizza sounds good."
-