5 "He'd kill me if I told you."

Tonight my dad and I will be going to the Andrews's house for dinner. I'm quite excited, considering that I've never met Alison and Tristan's mom before. I just hope my dad doesn't take this as another "marriage" opportunity.

The school lunch bell rings, breaking me out of my thoughts. I quickly gather my things, then sling my backpack over my shoulder, leaving Physics.

I needed to quickly grab something from my locker, so I make my way down the hallway and in the corner of my eye, I see Tristan and that same kid who threw that note at me in class on my first day.

Their conversation looks a bit violent, to say the least. Tristan was all up in his face, yelling at him.

Why isn't anyone doing anything? They're not even acknowledging that it's happening.

Suddenly, Tristan grabs the guy from his shirt collar, pushing him forcefully against the locker as he yelled in his face. Okay, I've had it.

"Tristan!" I run right up to him, pulling him off the other guy. "Stop!" I push on his chest, forcefully with both my hands, but he barely budged. The other guy fled the scene before I could see if he was okay.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I pushed him again.

Now, all eyes were on us. Everyone stared at Tristan with terrified expressions. Do they think he'd hurt me?

"Wrong with me?! You know nothing about this place Hannah! You don't know me, and you don't know Alex. So stop getting yourself into things that you don't understand!" He yelled in my face, his chest rapidly rising up and down.

He stared at me for a few more seconds, my eyes starting to water. I hate it when people yell at me.

His eyes soften for a second as he probably noticed my glossy eyes, until his features harden once again. Recoiling every bit of anger.

I let out a deep breath, then rush off to the bleachers. People staring at me like I'd grown a third leg.

As I reach the bleachers, I notice that someone's smoking pot under them again. I push out a small laugh, hesitating before standing up from my seat.

I do feel like I need to loosen up a little. I smile to myself, then walk down the steps. As I make my way, I notice it's the same blonde guy from the party, or "the blunt guy" as I called him.

"Hey." I send a friendly smile his way, as I walk closer.

"Hey." He said, as his piercing blue eyes shifted onto me. "Do I know you?"

"We met at that party." I tucked my hands into my front pockets.

"Oooh, you're Hannah. Right? From Ashton's party." He smiled, then laughed. Looking down at the ground, then back at me. "I'm Kyle." He patted the seat next to him.

"What brings you here, Hannah?" I sat down as he started rolling another blunt.

"I don't know... I guess I just needed someone to sit with." I rest my head on my arm, watching attentively as his tongue glided across the rolling paper.

"Was there another fight in the hallway?" He says before placing the blunt between his lips, and lighting it as if he'd done it a million times.

"Oh. Yeah, Tristan and some kid that I didn't recognize." I stare at the ground, my eyebrows furrowed as I remembered the scene that played in front of my eyes only mere minutes ago.

He shook his head in disbelief, passing me the blunt. "It's so dumb. I don't understand why Andrews can't just let it go. I mean, it all happened so long ago. You know?"

"No. What happened?" I looked at him confused. Passing back the blunt.

He stared at me for a second, hesitating. But then began talking. "Alex, which was the guy you saw with Andrews, they used to be best friends, right. But I guess something happened and Andrews dad left Alison's mom. So Andrews kind of lost it, and fell into a bunch of shit that I think he'd kill me if I told you." He took another hit of the blunt, blowing out the smoke and putting it out after.

"Anyway, Alex wanted to be like Andrews, so he followed Andrews to this "thing" and got shot in the leg. He saw some stuff he wasn't supposed to see. After that, Andrews just completely dropped him, they stopped being friends. And I guess for Alex's own good. But now Andrews just acts like the bad guy, bullies him. Is an asshole to everyone. Kind of builds up this "bad boy" facade. But nobody really knows the full story. I know there's more to it, I mean, there has to be. But nobody knows." He stared at me, putting his hand on my shoulder to grab my attention.

"I'd stay away from that scene if I were you, okay?"

I nodded my head in agreement. "Yeah." I played with my thumbs as they sat loosely in my lap.

Xoxo
- h u m b l e 🌸
Thanks for reading 😘
Don't forget to vote! 💕💕